The American Chemical Society was founded on April 6, 1876, at the College of Pharmacy of the City of New York by 35 chemists. From its foundation, the ACS was dedicated to sharing its proficient work with a communal audience. In April, 1879 ACS initiated publishing its top leading journal, the Journal of the American Chemical Society (JACS). Abstracts, which had got published in JACS since 1897, were given their specific publication, Chemical Abstracts in January 1907. The main mission of ACS is to improve the larger chemistry initiatives and its specialists for the profit of Earth and its people.
ACS had 18206 memberships, 83 resident sections and 17 disciplinary divisions by 1930. The society was incorporated under federal charter on August 25, 1937. ACS renowned its centenary year in 1976, with over 10000 attendees at each at two national meetings. In 1944 the Petroleum Research Fund was initially recognized as a Trust by 7 chief oil companies. The assets of the Fund were transferred to the American Chemical Society, in 2000. It controls grants given to non-profit organizations in the United States and other countries in reaction to suggestions. In 1954 the first ACS PRF grants were permitted and numerous grant programs have progressed to serve sections of the scientific public. A total of $25.2 million was accounted to the funds of ACS PRF assurances in 2007.Read More»
The following is the list of scholars from american chemical society who contributed and/or serves as editors for one or more OMICS International journals and conferences