Founded in 1958 in Beirut, Lebanon, LSOG has over 500 members and is a main leading group of professionals providing health care for women. Now based in Beit El Tabib, Beirut, it is a private, voluntary, nonprofit membership organization, under the Lebanese Order of Physicians. Prof. Wadih Ghanameh, Associate Professor in Obstetrics & Gynecology - Faculty of Medicine USEK, is the president of the society
Lebanese Society of Obstetrics & Gynecolgy works primarily in four areas
- Promoting the scientific knowledge and clinical skills of its members.
- Promoting evidence- based medicine and maintaining the highest standards of clinical practice and continuing education for its members.
- Promoting women education and participation in health care plan.
- Building alliance towards a strong advocacy for quality health care and policy change for women.
- Raising awareness among its members, the women, and the community of the evolving issues facing women's health.