The Royal Flying Corps appeared on thirteenth March 1912 and the Central Flying School was built up at Upavon in Wiltshire at around the same time. Martlesham Heath Aviation Society soon started to extend its exercises and in 1915 the Armament. Test Flight of the Experimental Flying area of the Central Flying School was moved to Orford Ness in Suffolk. Before long it got to be obvious that the Aircraft Testing Flight, which was still at Upavon, ought to be sited closer to the Armament Flight. An overview was completed to find an appropriate site equipped for containing both Armament and Aircraft Testing Flight. UK Aviation Museums was picked and along these lines started the flying history of this zone. The new Station was authoritatively opened on sixteenth January 1917 and was bound to wind up the head national place for the testing and assessment of air ship and combat hardware. In October 1917 the operations at Martlesham Heath Aviation Society were given the name, "The Airplane Experimental Unit, Royal Flying Corps". Martlesham Heath Aviation Society has been portrayed as "The Cradle of British Aviation". It was built up as the middle for testing and assessment of airplane just nine years after the initially recorded flight of a heavier than air machine in Britain. In March 1924 the Airplane and Armament Experimental foundation was framed at RAF Martlesham. This proceeded until 1939 when, with the flare-up of World War two it got to be important to move everything to Boscombe Down in Wiltshire.