Mexican Association of Biosafety is a multidisciplinary group of professionals interested in promoting the development of biosafety and biosecurity in Mexico. Founded in March 2009, the Mexican Association of Biosafety is a non-profit organization whose purpose is composed of the following:
- Promote scientific, technological activities that contribute to the biologically active or infectious safe handling of material that may affect the population and/or the environment.
- Promote activities of scientific and technical education on Biosafety for training and continuing education of professionals in the field and related disciplines.
- Unite and bring together experts and stakeholders on issues of biosafety and related disciplines.
- Support the creation of forums for exchange of ideas, discussion and collaboration in Spanish language on these issues and other related
- Process obtaining subsidies, grants, financing and credits for members of the Association investigate, promote and disseminate knowledge and solutions to the problems of Biosafety in Mexico.
- Participate in the design and development of scientific studies on Biosafety.
- Promote the recognition of biosafety as a scientific discipline and its inclusion in curricula.
- Promoting coordination with national or foreign organizations for information exchange and for achieving common interests.