The Remote Sensing and Photogrammetry Society gives you access to the world of remote sensing and photogrammetry.
The Society is involves with:
- The promotion of activities in remote sensing and photogrammetry; relationships and discussion with related societies; the encouragement of commercial and government participation in photogrammetry and remote sensing by supporting education and training at all levels.
- The Society fosters links between academic, commercial, industrial and international organisations and gives to its members wider opportunities to exploit available technology. Its activities are relevant to individuals and groups.
- Application of remote sensing data and photogrammetric data to real world problems in design and development of new instrumentations, sensors and platforms for remote observation and measurements
- Developing of techniques and methods for analysing remotely sensed and photogrammetric data
- Integration of remotely sense and photogrammetrics with other spatialised data
- To Develop the commercial market for remote sensing and photogrammetric products and services
- The Promotion of education in remote sensing and photogrammetry, it provides opportunity to exchange knowledge and expertise in remote sensing and photogrammetry.
Remote Sensing and Photogrammetry Society received many awards based on its contribution towrds Remote Sensing. The Society is the United Kingdom's Adhering Body to International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, the scientific union for their profession. These involves government policies on topics like geographic information which were issued by a government departments, seek its views on information provision from agencies like Ordnance Survey, or invite opinion on future space missions for agencies like NASA.