The Histochemical Society is an academic civilization that was founded on March 24, 1950 at a meeting organized by Ralph D. Lillie of the National Institutes of Health. The idea for the Society arose during the 1949 Biological Stain Commission meeting at which a meeting encompassing anatomy, cytology, pathology and biochemistry was proposed by Lillie, Charles Leblond and Edward Dempsey. Lillie became the firstly revisor of HCS's journal, Journal of Histochemistry and Cytochemistry.
The Society is an interdisciplinary anatomy of cell microorganisms, pathologists, anatomists, biochemists, and neuroscientists. HCS's mission is the evolvement and use of observable techniques that provide biochemical and molecular information about the structure and purpose of cells, tissues and organs and for the dissemination of this knowledge through education and outreach. The Society fullfills its operation through publishing its Journal, the Journal of Histochemistry and Cytochemistry, and through the administration of annual congress and short courses.Read More»