alexa The Lafayette Geological Society

OMICS International organises 3000+ Global Conferenceseries Events every year across USA, Europe & Asia with support from 1000 more scientific societies and Publishes 700+ Open Access Journals which contains over 50000 eminent personalities, reputed scientists as editorial board members.

The Lafayette Geological Society

The Lafayette Geological Society (LGS) unexpectedly follows its history back to the establishing of the South Louisiana Geological Society in Lake Charles, Louisiana, late in 1934. Currently, there were around five geologists in the Lafayette zone. For the following six years all gatherings of the general public were held in Lake Charles. In 1980, the GCAGS held its yearly tradition in Lafayette for the third time. One of the Society's most recognized individuals, Frank W. Harrison Jr., served as GCAGS President that year, helped by General Chairman Marvin A. Munchrath. Harrison was along these lines respected by race to an authority part in the AAPG, serving as President-Elect in 1980-81 and President in 1981-82. In 1990, the Society facilitated its fourth GCAGS tradition with Peter G. Dim serving as President and Brian E. Lock as General Chairman. On December 1, 1952, twenty-three Lafayette geologists met to compose the Lafayette Geological Society. Jesse L. George, Jr., was assigned transitory administrator and Gene Whipp consented to serve as acting secretary. On December 17, 1952, a second conference was held at which time the Constitution and By-laws were affirmed. The Society then comprised of 110 members. Around 1940, the grouping of geologists expanded in the Lafayette range and the South Louisiana Geological Society's gatherings were rotated amongst Lafayette and Lake Charles, with a periodic meeting being held in Baton Rouge. By 1950, the geologists in Lafayette dwarfed those in Lake Charles.

Read More»
adwords