Kuban State Medical University, Russia
Ivanova L.A. was awarded the degree of Doctor of Sciences in February 2009. She was was awarded the academic title of professor of endocrinology in December 2009. She is the head of Endocrinology Department at Kuban State Medical University since 1995. She has published more than 123 articles and abstracts in Russian and international journals.
Many researchers believe that hyperinsulinemia is the main cause of the development of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). The group of insulin sensitizers (biguanides, glitazones) has now been successfully used for treatment of hyperinsulinemia in patients with PCOS, contributing to the normalization of the menstrual cycle and fertility in more than half of the patients. 45 female patients with polycystic ovary syndrome took thioctic acid (Thioctacid-HR), 600 mg (n=25) or high protein diet (n=20). Fast insulin and glucose stimulus insulin were investigated before and after 3 months taken treatment. The use of thioctic acid, 600 mg is a new effective pathogenetics therapy of polycystic ovary syndrome on influence of hyperinsulinemia, HOMA-IR index and ovary volume in female patients with polycystic ovary syndrome.
- Azziz R (March 2006). «Diagnosis of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome: The Rotterdam Criteria Are Premature». Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism91(3): 781–5.DOI:10.1210/jc.2005-2153.PMID 16418211.
- Carmina E (February 2004). «Diagnosis of polycystic ovary syndrome: from NIH criteria to ESHRE-ASRM guidelines.». Minerva ginecologica56(1): 1–6.PMID 14973405.
- Hart R, Hickey M, Franks S (October 2004). «Definitions, prevalence and symptoms of polycystic ovaries and polycystic ovary syndrome». Best Practice & Research Clinical Obstetrics & Gynaecology18(5): 671–83.DOI:10.1016/j.bpobgyn.2004.05.001.PMID 15380140.
- Nafiye Y, Sevtap K, Muammer D, Emre O, Senol K, Leyla M (April 2010). «The effect of serum and intrafollicular insulin resistance parameters and homocysteine levels of nonobese, nonhyperandrogenemic polycystic ovary syndrome patients on in vitro fertilization outcome». Fertil. Steril.93(6): 1864– 9.DOI:10.1016/j.fertnstert.2008.12.024.PMID 19171332.
- Unfer V, Carlomagno G, Dante G, Facchinetti F. Effects of myo-inositol in women with PCOS: a systematic review of randomized controlled trials. Gynecol Endocrinol. 2012;28(7):509-15.