Maria Jose Amaral Salomi
Federal University of Sao Paulo (Unifesp), Brazil
Maria Salomi has experience in research and training of programs and health applications. The main purpose of this study was to gather data and indicators about health process, through a literature review. She has demonstrated that in achieve these goals is important to observe the indicators that begin to point out positive evidence in the use of document management and process automation in a healthcare institution, through the Information and Communication Technologies in the e-Health system.
Health care management is essential to the financial balance of institutions and to the improvements of patient and organization documental processes. In order to achieve those aims, an important step is to observe the indicators that start to point out positive evidences when using document management and process automation in a health care institution, through Information and Communication Technologies in the e-Health system. The main purpose of this study was to gather data and indices about the issue under study, through a literature review. Analysis of American, European, and Brazilian articles in academic or non-academic health care organizations indicates share and use of patient’s data, that can improve applied systems performance; analysis of processes; indicators of quality of provided service and patient’s quality of care and safety; diagnosis and prescription of medications and decrease of data information errors, thus achieving level 7 in the Healthcare Informatics Management and Systems Society (HIMSS).
1. Moncho V. Hospital Marina Salud de Dénia. Leadings CIOs of Europe. A model for achieving HIMSS Stage 7. HIMSS CIO SUMMIT Europe / HIMSS Analytics Europe [Internet]. 2013 [cited 2014 July 05];5;12. Madri, Spain; 2013 Nov 12-14.
2. Moncho V. The Real Project starts with EMRAM Stage 7; HIMSS Turkey. 2014 June 4-5. Slide 11.
3. Parente S, McCullough J. Health information technology and patient safety: evidence from panel data. Health Affairs (Millwood) [Internet]. 2009 [cited 2014 Jun 21]; 28(2): 357-60.
4. McCullough JS, Casey M, Moscovice I, Prasad S. The Effect Of Health Information Technology On Quality in U.S. Hospitals Health Affairs 29. 2010 [cited 2014 Aug 18]; 29(4): 648-54.
5. Lopes PR, Ferreira DP. Padrões de normatização em informática em saúde. [Internet]. São Paulo: UNIFESP; 2014. 24 p. [citado 2014 Ago 20].