The University was established in Zonguldak in accordance with the Law no. 3837 issued on July 11, 1992 and was incorporated as “Zonguldak Karaelmas University” on January 1, 1993. In order to exploit the coal mines in the Black Sea basin by a technically educated staff, a School of Mine Engineering was established in 1924 in Zonguldak, however, it was later closed and was replaced by a Vocational School of Mining and Mine Foremen which then became the Technical School of Mining in 1949. This institution was moved to Istanbul in 1961. With the Law no. 165 “Law for Opening a New Technical School in Zonguldak” issued in 1962, this technical school was converted into The State Academy of Engineering and Architecture” with Law no. 1184, while buildings were under construction. In addition, the Zonguldak School of Health Services, the BartÄ±n School of Health Services and the Karabük School of Health Services have been established in accordance with the protocol between the Turkish Ministry of Health and the Council of Higher Education in the University; however, instruction is given only in Zonguldak Vocational School of Health Services. The BartÄ±n Faculty of Forestry, the Devrek Faculty of Arts and Sciences, the Karabük Faculty of Technical Education and the Faculty of Medicine are within the Foundation Law. The Devrek Faculty of Arts and Sciences was altered to the Faculty of Arts and Sciences on 13 December 2005. The EreÄli Faculty of Education established on 18 January 1995, the Zonguldak School of Health Services established on 2 November 1996 and the Fethi Toker Faculty of Fine Arts and Design, the School of Maritime Business and Management, was established on 12 October 2005 and the Karabük Faculty of Arts and Sciences and the Karabük Faculty of Engineering were established on 18 December 2005.
The following is the list of articles by scholars from BÃ¼lent Ecevit University that are published in OMICS International journals.