About University: It is a public company created by the Excma. Diputación de Albacete on October 6, 1986, as a model of more efficient management of its Agricultural Services. Its scope of action is the agricultural and agri-food sector of the province of Albacete, and the rest of Castilla La Mancha. The basic purpose of ITAP is the transfer of technology, disseminating knowledge and technical advances, as a way of bridging and connecting the scientific world with daily agri-food activities.
- The management and exploitation of the Rustic Heritage of the Hon. Provincial Council of Albacete.
- Agricultural research, especially in genetics and cultivation techniques of the most relevant species of provincial interest.
- The development and commercialization of the varieties of plants obtained in the Improvement Programs of the Institute itself, alone or in collaboration with other Centers.
- The management of the agrochemical and phytosanitary laboratories of the province.
- Technical advice to farmers in the province.
- The development of Provincial Agriculture programs, such as: Plant Health, Promotion of crops of provincial interest.
- Management of our FOUNDATION FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT OF CASTILLA LA MANCHA, FUNDESCAM, As a PUBLIC ORGANIZATION OF RESEARCH, to attend public calls for research projects.
- Collaboration with Public Agencies, Institutions, Associations, Organizations and Mercantile Societies, related to the agricultural sector can complete the above objectives or go to the benefit of the Provincial Agriculture.
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer: Agustín Moreno Campayo
Vice President: Luis Miguel Atiénzar Núñez