POSRI contributes to the growth of the POSCO Family and the development of Korean society by presenting optimal strategies and policies based on collective intelligence. POSCO Research Institute (POSRI) is a private research institute which provides research-based consulting services for the steel industry. POSRI conducts analysis of the current economic and managerial issues, as well as researches the forward and backward related industries to the steel industry, including energy and environment industries. Today, POSRI works for Steel industry, Regional & Economic Study, Corporate Strategy and Management Consulting.
POSRI, one of the POSCO subsidiaries, was established as POSCO-MERC (Management & Engineering Research Centre) within POSCO technology research institute. It was spun off from POSCO technology research institute at 1987 and consist Research Institute of Industrial Science & Technology (RIST). At 1994, it was spun off from RIST and founded as named POSCO Research Institute.
Steel Industry Research Research for domestic steel industry, Steel marketing and investment strategies, Research for raw material prices, forecast on price and demand-supply of raw materials, Research on the environment and sustainable management.
Regional Studies & Economic Research Research on emerging markets, including China and India, Mornitoring economic trends and in-depth analysis on issue, Analysis on domestic and overseas policy issues and response strategies.
Corporate Strategy Research Research on POSCO's vision and long-term strategy and Industry/Business strategy of POSCO subsidiaries, Research on energy, green growth and new business, Research on non-feerous materials.
Management Consulting Management diagnosis, corporate governance, labor relations, labor management, human resource management and policy development, consultation on corporate innovation & change management.
• Steel strategy research, including investment environment & competition structure analysis
• Research on steel marketing—prices, distribution, market, and demand development
• Steel technology, production, and operation strategies
• Prospects for short- and long-term steel supply and demand, price forecasting, research on steel-consuming industries
• Optimized procurment strategies for raw and related materials
• Research on the future and driving force of the steel industry
• Steel-related business and alternatives to steel
• Competitiveness analysis and research on growth strategies. for each core business in the POSCO Group
• Synergy creation between industries and research on strategies to establish a highly efficient management system
• Megatrends related to future industry and technology, changes in the corporate competition structure
• Market analysis and research on new growth industries such as materials,. energy and infrastructure
• Analysis on competitors and research on advanced corporate strategies
• Corporate innovation strategy, governance, company-wide risk management, corporate group-wide management diagnosis & consulting
• POSCO Way, corporate culture, leadership, and change management
• Strategic investment decision making, finance, accounting strategies, optimal capital structure
• HR strategies & development, nurturing talent, management-labor relations
• Global HR strategies & structure, HR policies
• Environment & carbon management, sustainable Management, corporate responsibility
• Economic Research and Information Analysis
• Analysis of domestic and global economic environments and proactive trend analysis
• Research on short- to mid-term business environment & steel market forecasting and publication of economic outlook
• Measurement and analysis of economic, financial & policy risk indicators
• Management of POSCO affiliates’ domestic & overseas information and planning of information services
• Investment environment analysis of major countries, including China, India, and Indonesia
• Steel supply and demand, competition structure, and steel-consuming industries in major countries
• Research on global strategies and foreign investment strategies
• Support for the stabilization of POSCO Group’s global business and implementation of growth strategies
• Analysis of opportunities and risks of new investment areas
• Global market analysis via Beijing and Delhi Offices