700 Journals and 15,000,000 Readers Each Journal is getting 25,000+ ReadersThis Readership is 10 times more when compared to other Subscription Journals (Source: Google Analytics)
Pharmacoproteomics is essentially the amalgamation of the basic and applied concepts of proteomics and pharmaceutical sciences. Most pharmacoproteomic studies are intended to analyze the clinical efficacy and bio-molecular compatibility of a specific drug. These studies involves proteomic profiling of a target individual, a group of individuals or sometimes an entire population, to analyze their susceptibility or resistance for a particular disease or a particular drug.
Pharmacoproteomics studies provided the basic knowledge required for the study and application of personalized medicine in real time cases. The underlying concept that lead to the conceptualization of personalized medicine is based on the fact that, though more than 99% of the human genome is conserved, the seemingly minor changes in the rest 1% determines how each individual is different from the rest. The Human Genome Project helped in identifying and understanding these genetic polymorphisms, especially in the key metabolic genes. It also explained why the administration of the same therapeutic agent in different individuals does not necessarily imply the same effect in two or more individuals.
This special issue is focused on the publication of the latest research findings that showcases the concepts and applications of proteomics, pharmacoproteomics, genetic and proteomic basis of personalized medicine as well as the contemporary application of these concepts in the treatment of hitherto incurable acute and chronic diseases. The journal invites manuscripts that are based on conventional and contemporary methods and practices of pharmacoproteomics and personalized medicine, to be published in the upcoming special issue of the Journal of Pharmacogenomics and Pharmacoproteomics.