The Surgical meetings of the Western Conference and South set in 1937 was 14, which is one of the founders was present, or both of these meetings and the meeting of the founding members of the surgeons San invited 68 June 14, 1938 and the first official meeting of springs Aast Francisco Hot, Virginia, was held in May 1939. Since its inception, the American Association for the study of trauma surgery and the practice of painful surgery in various departments in the United States and Canada was established to further.
Mission Statement AAST:
The mission of the American Association for the Surgery of Trauma (AAST) is to serve the first scientific organization for surgeons in the field of trauma and the treatment of critically ill patients surgical. The AAST is dedicated to the discovery, dissemination, implementation and evaluation of knowledge related to acute surgical care (trauma, surgical critical care, general surgery and emergency) by encouraging education, research and professional growth in a communion and collegial environment.
TSAA the mission is accomplished by the following:
• The annual meeting of the AAST provides a forum for scientific presentations, exchange ideas and techniques, & continuing medical education.
• The association publishes the Journal of Trauma, the main source of publications in peer-trauma, surgical critical care and emergency general surgery.
• The AAST founded and oversees the surgical training program acute care grants.
• The AAST provides research funding and scholarships for residents, junior faculty, fellows and medical students
• The AAST supports, directs and encourages multi-institutional trials and studies.
• The AAST promotes international collaboration and scientific exchange by organizing meetings of the joint company.
• The AAST supports US military surgeons through special programs and specific military training sessions at the annual meeting AAST.
Today, the American Association of Trauma Surgery, Chicago, Illinois headquarters, leading academic body trauma surgery in the United States and about 1,200 members from 30 countries.Read More»
The following is the list of scholars from American Association for Surgery of Trauma who contributed and/or serves as editors for one or more OMICS International journals and conferences