Established in April 20, 1930, China Textile Engineering Society (CTES) is a national mass academic organization formed voluntarily by persons engaging in the research of textile science and technology, aiming at the promotion, dissemination and popularization of textile science and technology. It is registered and authorized as a corporate body and a member of China Science & Technology Association. The 24th session of the council has 161 directors, including 73 standing directors.
CTES is dedicated to:
- Organize academic exchanges between domestic and foreign scholars, promote the development of textile study, popularize the knowledge of textile science and technology, disseminate scientific spirit and methodology, extend the application of newly developed textile technology and promote non-governmental technological cooperation worldwide.
- Compile and publish “Journal of Textile Research”, “Wool Textile Journal” and relevant technology books.
- Sponsor social service undertakings that are in accordance with the essence of CTES and the principle of China Science & Technology Association. Set up entities in accordance with the tenets of CTES. Safeguard the legal rights of technical personnel and report opinions and requirements of members.
Textile Society of America, European Apparel and Textile Confederation, Textile Machinery Society Japan, Costume and Textile Association of New Zealand
- Textile Futures Technology, Materials and Preservation, Sat 5th November 2016, London
- Crosscurrents: land, labor, and the port textile society of America’s 15th biennial symposium, SAVANNAH, GA, OCTOBER 19-23, 2016