The International Plasma Fractionation Sodality IPFA is the international umbrella sodality promoting the intrigues amassment of human blood and plasma primarily from Voluntary Non Remunerated Donors, and on the substratum of the not for profit business model for the manufacture and supply of medicines derived from human plasma.IPFA fortifies organisations and countries who have made a commitment to engender a safe and secure supply of blood and plasma products predicated on voluntary non-remunerated blood donations and the not-for-profit business model.
- No financial gains from voluntary non-remunerated blood donations VNRBD will flow to external the member organisation, in research and facilities in order to amend transfusion medicine practices and for the benefit of the community it accommodates.
- IPFA assembles organisations and health care systems. They are coalesced by the prevalent non-remunerated donation, in the credence that these principles form the substructure for a sustainable, safe and secure supply of blood and plasma derived medicinal products .
- In the field of blood components and plasma-derived medicinal products, scientific developments and transmutes in insights and policy occur frequently and perpetually. The early 1990’s witnessed paramount developments in the field of plasma derivatives.
- Many incipient regulations were developed, science and technology progressed,and influence of patients incremented and quality and safety became top priority issues ,meetings to address all these key issues.
- The main aim was member organisations, IPFA experts, and the wider industry and withal to further develop relationships with the international regulatory community. These international events withal engendered opportunities for establishing partnerships and for networking. Recognised international experts from IPFA members and other stakeholders have consistently and altruistically contributed to these events.
- At the meetings that followed, donor epidemiology, amassment of blood and plasma, manufacture of plasma derivatives and the obviation of transmission.
- IPFA has a vigorous tradition of promoting international perpetuate to do so with the aim of promoting science-predicated decision making.