Kuwait Center for Autism was established in 1994 by Dr. Samira Al-Saad. The main mission of the center is to spread autism awareness and ensure an accurate 'Educational Program' to children with autism. Improving their educational, societal and conception abilities taking into consideration the individual differences and in the meantime supporting their vocational talents and the possibilities of integration with society.
- Ensuring an effective and integrated "Educational Program for Autism Children" by providing a comprehensive educational environment to children with Autism.
- Enhancing the awareness of Autism. Providing special training programs for specialists and workers in the field of Autism to keep pace with international development in this area.
- Improve the quality of Autism Teaching. Offering training courses for the parents and families to overcome the child's behavioral difficulties.
- Holding conferences and forums.
- Encouraging all kinds of voluntary activities. Establish a financial Awqaf(Trust) to sustain the financial viability of the center.
- Establishing specialized programs for children with Autism in many Gulf countries
- Conferences and Workshops are held for families, teachers and workers in the field of autism and special needs, also all those who have relationship and interest in autism in and outside Kuwait.
- Gulf Autism Union established (2002) to bring together the professionals and institutions in the field of autism in the Gulf region which is soon to be converted to Arab Autism Union.
- To maintain the ISO 9001:2000 certificate acquired (in 2005 & 2008) to ensure the quality of service provided and also to improve the efficiency & productivity of the different services provided