The aspiration of this London Petrophysical Society is to promote for the public benefit education and knowledge in the experimental and technical aspects of formation evaluation.
The major activities of the LPS Society are:
- To boost and carry out or to assist and adhere in promoting and carrying out research, surveys and investigations, developments in petrophysics, websites for petrophysics lecture and to publish the results.
- To arrange and furnish for or to assist and adhere in arranging and providing for the holding of exhibitions, meetings, lectures, seminars, and training courses on advances in petrophysics;
- To collect and disseminate information on all matters affecting the above purpose and transfer such information with other bodies having identical purposes, whether in this country or overseas;
- To commence, execute, administer or assist in any charitable trusts which may lawfully be undertaken, executed, managed or assisted by the Organisation;
- To get hold of to be written and print, publish, issue and circulate gratuitously or otherwise comparable papers, books, periodicals, pamphlets or other files or films on or in whatever appropriate media or format as shall further the above purpose.
- To hike funds and to invite and receive contributions from any person or persons whatsoever by way of subscription, fund and otherwise provided that the Organisation shall not undertake any long lasting trading activities in raising funds for its charitable need;
- To invest the monies of the Organisation not immediately needed for its purposes in or upon such investments, securities and property as may be thought fit, subject nevertheless to such surroundings (if any as may for the time being be imposed or required by law
- To do all such other lawful things as shall further the above purpose.