The NZHEA is an expert not-for-profit administration and united society that has been supporting the education of Health Education in New Zealand schools and has been active for 20 years. The NZHEA is being administered and managed by an Executive Committee. The EC which comprises of elected representatives from North and South Islands holds a meeting at least three times per year.
The primary idea of NZHEA is to make Quality Health Education an integral part of young people’s culture, growth and accomplishment.
Unlike any other associations the Mission Statement of this organization is as follows: NZHEA is a community of professionals that operates with excellence, connectedness and leadership to support Health Education.
The NZHEA works on following principles:
- Learning/ako: Members deliver and endorse chances for all teachers and apprentices to attain in Health Education.
- Whanaungatanga: Members cooperate with each other and other groups to share and grow relations.
- Leadership/pono: Members support for, stimulate, and authorize teachers and apprentices for provision of well-being.
The main aims of the NZHEA are to:
- Endorse and inspire the education of Health Education at all heights of the edification scheme.
- Deliver data, instruction and backing to associates on pedagogy, valuation, assets, and other prospectus connected parts.
- Denote, advance and deliver expert direction and provision for its members and their welfares at the national level.
- Act as a advice-giving body with the Ministry of Education and the New Zealand Qualifications Authority in the development of the national Health Education curriculum and assessment.
- Create close employed links with other health associations and the tertiary sector