alexa Russian mineralogical society

OMICS International organises 3000+ Global Conferenceseries Events every year across USA, Europe & Asia with support from 1000 more scientific societies and Publishes 700+ Open Access Journals which contains over 50000 eminent personalities, reputed scientists as editorial board members.

Russian mineralogical society

The russian mineralogical society (RMS) is a public scientific organization uniting specialists and scientific groups working in the field of mineralogy and adjacent sciences. RMS was founded in 1817 Saint Petersburg, Russia, and is the world oldest mineralogical society among present. From 1869 till nowadays its residence is the Saint Petersburg Mining Institute. RMS represents the Russian Federation with regard to the science of mineralogy in any international context. RMS is a member and one of the establishers (Madrid, 8 April 1958) of the International Mineralogical Association. Zapiski RMO (Proceedings of the Russian Mineralogical Society), is the print journal of the Society, and it has been published continuously since 1830. It publishes scientific articles on mineralogy, petrology, deposits study, crystallography and geochemistry, and also articles on science history, critical and discussional announcements are published in the journal. Membership in the Society is open to any person interested in mineralogy and related sciences regardless of residence or citizenship. The RMS organizes general meetings every 4 years and also annual scientific sessions. A Constituent Assembly of the RMS took place on the 19th (7th by Julian calendar) of January 1817 in the Mikhailovsky (Engineers) Castle on the flat of Doctor of Phylosophy Lorenz (Lavrentiy Ivanovich) Pansner (on the picture). During the XIXth century the Society carried out the investigations of geological structure and mineral resources of Russia for the purposes of creation of a general geological map of Russia (before the organization of the Russian Geological Committee in 1882). The Society organized the Mineral cabinet, the collection of minerals, later transmitted to the St. Petersburg Mining Institute museum. The members of the Society have created a specialized library. The Society has published a series of works titled as «the Materials on Geology of Russia» (1869-1928). The Society conducted public lections, organized geological expeditions, instituted honorary medals and premiums for the prominent scientific works. From 1948 to 1991 the Society had the name "the All-Union Mineralogical society" and belong to the USSR Academy of Sciences. From 1991 to 2004 the name of the Society was "Mineralogical Society of the Russian Academy of Sciences". The Society was one of the establishers of the International Mineralogical Association (1958).Many famous Russian and foreign scientists were the member’s of the Society.

Read More»
adwords