This Association is established in 1959, the Singapore Medical Association (SMA) is the national medicinal association speaking to the larger part of therapeutic experts in both the general population and private divisions.
- To advance the restorative and unified sciences in Singapore.
- To keep up the honor and interests of the restorative calling.
- To cultivate and save the solidarity and point of motivation behind the restorative calling in general.
- To voice its supposition and to familiarize the Government and other significant bodies with the approaches and demeanors of the calling.
- To bolster a higher standard of therapeutic morals and behavior to illuminate and coordinate general assessment on issues of wellbeing in Singapore and
- To distribute papers, diaries and different materials in promotion of these goals.
Begun in 2003, the SMA Merit Awards are introduced in acknowledgment of the beneficiaries' noteworthy commitments to the SMA and restorative calling, or social support of the group.