American Society of Healthcare Publication Editors: dedicated to improving the awareness and skills of healthcare publication editors, and thereby intensifying their value to, and contribution of, the publications they serve. Editors and contributing writers working in healthcare publications must
- Acknowledge as their essential inspiration and duty the choice of publication substance based upon the requirements and interests of their users.
- Control all article substance of the distributions.
- Keep away from all irreconcilable situations and in addition any potential impression of such clashes.
- Look after genuineness, trustworthiness, exactness, meticulousness and decency in the written work and presentation (counting features, decks and illustrations) of articles and all related components.
- Show refinement between articles, publications, sections and any assessment or promotion content.
- Give attribution of sources, quotes and distributed specialized data distributed word-for-word in publication material. Literary theft, in any part, is inadmissible.
- Keep up an unmistakable refinement amongst article and publicizing content in their distributions. Editors have a commitment to their users to recognize what content has been obtained and/or supported versus what is autonomous article material.
- All paid/obtained content (e.g., advertorial articles and segments in print, or online pages) that may be mistaken for autonomous publication material ought to be named as publicizing.
- Keep up a proper expert separation from the immediate readiness of exceptional publicizing segments, supplements or other promoting coordinated substance.