12th International Conference on Allergy, Asthma & Clinical Immunology
October 1-2, 2018 Moscow, Russia
13th International Conference on Allergy and Clinical Immunology
December 13-14 , 2018 Abu Dhabi, UAE
Henoch-Schonlein purpura (HSP) is a disease involving inflammation of small blood vessels. It most commonly occurs in children. The inflammation causes blood vessels in the skin, intestines, kidneys, and joints to start leaking.The main symptom is a rash with numerous small bruises, which have a raised appearance, over the legs or buttocks.
Henoch-Schonlein purpura is a small vessel vacuities in which complexes of immunoglobulin A (IgA) and complement component 3 (C3) are deposited on arterioles, capillaries, and venules. As with IgA nephropathy, serum levels of IgA are high in HSP and there are identical findings on renal biopsy. A diagnosis of Henoch-Schonlein purpura is fairly easy to make if the classic rash, joint pain and gastrointestinal symptoms are present. If some of these signs and symptoms are missing, the following tests have to be done lab testes , biopsies, and imaging tests.
Henoch-Schonlein purpura usually improves on its own within a month with no lasting ill effects. Bed rest, plenty of fluids and over-the-counter pain relievers may help.In Henoch-Schonlein purpura, some of the body's small blood vessels become inflamed, which can cause bleeding in the skin, joints, abdomen and kidneys.
Henoch-Schönlein purpura is a well known paediatric disease characterized by the classic triad: purpura, arthritis and abdominal pain. Short term prognosis is excellent and is mostly dependant on abdominal complications. Long term morbidity depends essentially on the severity of renal involvement which occurs in 35% of cases. Microhematuria and light proteinuria are the only signs in 80% of cases. The remaining 20% presents with nephrotic or nephritic syndrome and acute renal insufficiency.