alexa Assessment of genetic diversity in the medicinal climber Gymnema sylvestre from Karnataka, India
ISSN ONLINE(2319-8753)PRINT(2347-6710)

International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology
Open Access

Like us on: https://twitter.com/ijirset_r
OMICS International organises 3000+ Global Conferenceseries Events every year across USA, Europe & Asia with support from 1000 more scientific Societies and Publishes 700+ Open Access Journals which contains over 50000 eminent personalities, reputed scientists as editorial board members.

Open Access Journals gaining more Readers and Citations

700 Journals and 15,000,000 Readers Each Journal is getting 25,000+ Readers

This Readership is 10 times more when compared to other Subscription Journals (Source: Google Analytics)

Research Article

Assessment of genetic diversity in the medicinal climber Gymnema sylvestre from Karnataka, India

Mouna.H.M2., P. Jagan Mohan Reddy1, P.E Rajasekharan3, Ismail Shareef1, Sreekanth B4,
  1. Department of Biotechnology Engineering, Acharya Institute of technology, Bangalore-560107, Karnataka, India
  2. Research Scholar, Department of Biotechnology Engineering, Acharya Institute of technology, Bangalore-560107, Karnataka, India
  3. Division of Plant Genetic Resources, Indian Institute of Horticultural Research Hessarghatta lake post, Bangalore-89, India
  4. Department of Chemical Engineering, Sri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara College of Engg. and Technology, Dharwad- 580 002, Karnataka, India.
Related article at Pubmed, Scholar Google
 

Abstract

Gymnema sylvestre (Retz.) R. Br. ex Sm., a rich source with gymnemic acid, has been used to treat diabetes since past 2000 years. A study was conducted to evaluate the genetic diversity of G.sylvestre collected from twelve different geographical locations of Karnataka state of India using ISSR molecular markers. A total of 80 clear and reproducible bands were amplified with different lengths using the 10 selected ISSR primers, of which 68 (85%) were polymorphic and remaining 12 (15%) were monomorphic. The high level of genetic variation (85%) observed among the populations of G.sylvestre implied the need to conserve populations to maintain within this species. As an important medicinal plant, it would be wise to save populations of G.sylvestre in different regions in order to limit population declines caused by over exploitation

Keywords

Share This Page

Additional Info

Loading
Loading Please wait..
Peer Reviewed Journals
 
Make the best use of Scientific Research and information from our 700 + peer reviewed, Open Access Journals
International Conferences 2017-18
 
Meet Inspiring Speakers and Experts at our 3000+ Global Annual Meetings

Contact Us

Agri, Food, Aqua and Veterinary Science Journals

Dr. Krish

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001 Extn: 9040

Clinical and Biochemistry Journals

Datta A

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9037

Business & Management Journals

Ronald

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9042

Chemical Engineering and Chemistry Journals

Gabriel Shaw

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001 Extn: 9040

Earth & Environmental Sciences

Katie Wilson

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9042

Engineering Journals

James Franklin

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9042

General Science and Health care Journals

Andrea Jason

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9043

Genetics and Molecular Biology Journals

Anna Melissa

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001 Extn: 9006

Immunology & Microbiology Journals

David Gorantl

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9014

Informatics Journals

Stephanie Skinner

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9039

Material Sciences Journals

Rachle Green

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9039

Mathematics and Physics Journals

Jim Willison

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001 Extn: 9042

Medical Journals

Nimmi Anna

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001 Extn: 9038

Neuroscience & Psychology Journals

Nathan T

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9041

Pharmaceutical Sciences Journals

John Behannon

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9007

Social & Political Science Journals

Steve Harry

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001 Extn: 9042

 
© 2008-2017 OMICS International - Open Access Publisher. Best viewed in Mozilla Firefox | Google Chrome | Above IE 7.0 version
adwords