The African Biosafety Association (AfBSA) is a non-governmental decision, apolitical, non-sectarian and non-profit through which its members have to work, cooperate and collaborate with one or the other, or with other associations, scientific or health organizations, institutions and individuals throughout Africa and around the world.The African Biological Safety Association (AfBSA) seek out to engage and promote biosafety, including biosecurity… AfBSA represents professionals working in the field of biosafety and endeavours to make biosafety a recognized profession with well defined tasks and qualifications.
• To promote biosafety and biosecurity as scientific disciplines in Africa
• Provide professional organization representing the interests and needs of experts of biological safety, and to provide a forum for continuous exchange and timely information on biosafety.
• To develop awareness of biosafety and promote the development of work practices to reduce the risk of occupational disease and the negative environmental impact of infectious agents or biological materials
• To improve the knowledge and understanding of biosafety issues throughout Africa.
• To support the legislation and emerging standards in the areas of biosecurity, biotechnology, transportation and related activities and act as a focal point for the association of views on these issues in Africa.
• Liaise with other biosafety associations internationally.