The association called the “ European Membrane Society”, hereinafter called the Society, founded in 1982, is an international scientific association whose aim is to promote co- operation between European Scientists and Engineers involved in research and development in the field of synthetic and artificial membranes and membrane processes. Its duration is not limited. Its headquarters are at Toulouse, France. The Society is a non-profit organisation. It shall not engage in any political or religious activity. Furthermore, it shall not discriminate, in its activity or among its members, on the basis of politics, race, religion or ideology.
The Society shall pursue its objective using various means, including:
- Organising periodic meetings, workshops and study groups;
- Publishing and circulating books, papers and newsletters containing information of interest to workers in the membrane field;
- Contributing to the development of a common language among scientists of the different disciplines (physical chemistry, chemical engineering, biology, bioengineering, medicine, ...);
- Developing Membrane and membrane processes;
- Stimulating exchange visits between membrane scientists and engineers of different countries;
- Analysing the development of activities in the field of membranes in order to work out guidelines and give advice to various councils and funding agencies. If the need arises, the Society could assure the management of European programs of study or researchRead More»