The New Zealand Society for Parasitology [NZSP] was established on 21 August 1972, which is situated at Palmerston, New Zealand, with the inaugural meeting held at Victoria University in Wellington. The meeting was among 26 individuals with four papers displayed by Mrs F.R. Allison, Dr G.C. Hewitt, Dr P.M. Hine and Dr R.V. Brunsdon. Dr Brunsdon went ahead to end up the primary President of the Society that the society should gain importance all over world. Before the meeting 44 individuals has been circled, and those individuals are termed as the Foundation Members.
The Society wnet on developing holding a meeting every year. The Society turned into a subsidiary individual from the Royal Society of New Zealand in December 1973 and as an individual from the World Federation of parasitology in 1974. The Royal Society of New Zealand is a free government body in New Zealand giving subsidies and strategy councils in the fields of Science and humanities which was found in 1867, the World Federation of Parasitology advances and co-ordinates the trading of learning, examination and different exercises identifying with parasitology. On 24 October 1975 the NZSP turned into a consolidated society. Yearly broad gatherings and meetings are by and large held in the August to October period, the modified works from the last more often than not being distributed in the New Zealand Journal of Zoology.
The society follows few functions such as in promoting the progression of parasitology, in maintaining a good contact with other exploratory social orders, in encouraging the spread of the data and new improvements in parasitology for training and the advancement of society.