Millersville University of Pennsylvania is an American public university located in Millersville, Pennsylvania, United States. Millersville University was established in 1855 as the Lancaster County Normal School, the first state normal school in Pennsylvania. It subsequently changed its name to the Millersville State Normal School in 1859 and Millersville later became a state teachers college in 1927. It was renamed Millersville State College in 1959 and officially became Millersville University of Pennsylvania in 1983. The Millersville University Library is housed in Ganser Hall. In September 2011, the University closed Ganser Hall for two years in order to complete renovations. On August 26, 2013, the Ganser Library reopened as the McNairy Library and Learning Forum at Ganser Hall.