As per available reports about 104 journals, 62 Conferences, 3 workshops are presently dedicated exclusively to Chronic Pain and about 366282 articles are being published on the current trends in Chronic Pain. In terms of research annually, USA, India, Japan, Brazil and Canada are some of the leading countries where maximum studies related to Chronic Pain are being carried out. As per the information available in Medlineplus magazine Chronic pain is defined as any pain lasting more than 12 weeks. Whereas acute pain is a normal sensation that alerts us to possible injury, chronic pain is very different. Chronic pain persists—often for months or even longer. Chronic pain may arise from an initial injury, such as a back sprain, or there may be an ongoing cause, such as illness. However, there may also be no clear cause. Other health problems, such as fatigue, sleep disturbance, decreased appetite, and mood changes, often accompany chronic pain. Chronic pain may limit a person’s movements, which can reduce flexibility, strength, and stamina. This difficulty in carrying out important and enjoyable activities can lead to disability and despair.
The Journal of Pain & Relief is an academic journal – hosted by OMICS International – a pioneer in open access publishing–and is listed among the top 10 journals in Chronic Pain. Each year research scientists have noticed a rise in the number of congresses being held in this field. The Journal of Pain & Relief provides a unique platform to researchers and scientist to explore the advanced and latest research developments in the field of Chronic Pain, thus bridging the gap between researchers and young scientists.
OMICS International is a pioneer in organizing international conferences. The conference related to Chronic Pain is Conference and Exhibition on Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. The theme of the conference is around “Facing the Future of Health and Rehab Solution”. The audience of the Physical Medicine conference are expected from wide discipline, the conference will be informative and interesting with thought provoking International workshops and International symposiums to the all the participants.
|Our Group hosts over 700 leading-edge peer reviewed Open Access Journals and organize over 3000 International Conferences annually all over the world. Our Group journals have over 3 million readers and the fame and success of the same can be attributed to the strong editorial board which contains over 50000 eminent personalities that ensure a rapid, quality and quick review process. Our Group signed an agreement with more than 1000 International Societies to make healthcare information Open Access.
List of major Chronic Pain and related journals
• Journal of Pain & Relief
• International Journal of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
• Journal of Clinical & Cellular Immunology
• Journal of Molecular Biomarkers & Diagnosis
• Journal of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
• Clinical Infectious Diseases
• The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine
• Behaviour Research and Therapy
List of major Chronic Pain related Conferences
• International conference on Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
• 13th Annual Pain Medicine Meeting (ASRA 2014)
• Pain Management 2015
• ASEAPS 2015 - 6th Association of South East Asia Pain Societies Conference
• Pain Care for Primary Care (PCPC) 2014
• 5th International Congress on Neuropathic Pain 2015
• The 7th Annual Pain Therapeutics Summit East 2014
List of major Chronic Pain related Research Centres
• The Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Research Center (CFSRC), Stanford School of Medicine
• Chronic Pain and Fatigue Research Center, University of Michigan
• Chronic Pain and Chronic Fatigue, University of Washington
List of major Chronic Pain related Societies
• The British Pain Society
• American Pain Society
• Australian Pain Society
|This page will be updated regularly.
This page was last updated on September 20, 2020