As per available reports about 18 journals, 30 Conferences are presently dedicated exclusively to disability and about 1,920,000 articles are being published on the current trends in disability. In terms of research annually, USA, India, Japan, Brazil and Canada are some of the leading countries where maximum studies related to disability are being carried out.
As reported in disability Works Australia Ltd disability is a condition which restrict a person's mental, sensory, or mobility functions to undertake or perform a task in the same way as a person who does not have a disability. The different kinds of disability are : physical, intellectual, Psychiatric, Sensory, and Neurological.
It does not mean that a person with a disability is unable to perform all the important requirements of a job and exceed the expectations of their employer.
Disabilities affect people in different ways. Many people associate the 'disabled' with someone who is in a wheelchair, or who is blind or deaf. They have the attitude that people with a disability are totally different and therefore need to be treated differently. Unfortunately, this kind of stereotyping is in itself a form of discrimination.
People with a disability come in a variety of shapes, sizes, colours, sex and cultures - just as we all do. The only thing that separates a person with a disability is that, for one reason or another, they are unable to do certain things in the same way as the mainstream of society. They may require some form of adaptation or alteration to assist them to overcome the effect of their disability.
A person's disability is always specific to that person.
A Disability is generally a condition either caused by accident, trauma, genetics or disease, which may restrict a person's mental processes, senses or mobility.
A Handicap is a physical or attitudinal constraint imposed on a person regardless of whether or not that person has a disability.
The Journal of community medicine and Health education is an academic journal – hosted by OMICS publishing GROUP – a pioneer in open access publishing–and is listed among the top 10 journals in disability. Each year research scientists have noticed a rise in the number of congresses being held in this field. The Journal of community medicine and Health education provides a unique platform to researchers and scientist to explore the advanced and latest research developments in the field of disability, thus bridging the gap between researchers and young scientists.
OMICS publishing GROUP – a pioneer in organizing international conferences is organizing 3rd International Conference and exhibition on Occupational Health and Safety during June 24-25, 2014,Valencia,Spain
OMICS Group hosts over 400 leading-edge peer reviewed Open Access Journals and organize over 300 International Conferences annually all over the world. OMICS Publishing Group journals have over 3 million readers and the fame and success of the same can be attributed to the strong editorial board which contains over 30000 eminent personalities that ensure a rapid, quality and quick review process. OMICS Group signed an agreement with more than 500 International Societies to make healthcare information Open Access.
List of major disability and related journals
• Clinical Genetics
• Journal Of Genetic Counseling
• Plos Computational Biology
• Expert Review Of Neurotherapeutics
• Human Molecular Genetics
• Future Neurology
• Learining And Memory
• Acs Chemical Biology
• International Journal Of Copd
• Physical Therapy Reviews
• Australian Journal Of Primary Health
• Acta Biomaterialia
• International Journal Of Biomedical Engineering And Technology
• Molecular Bio Systems
• Journal Of Cognitive Science
List of major disability and related conferences
• Disability Trade and Lifestyle Expo & Conference 2014, September 11-13, 2014 Pavilion Clock Tower Conference Centre, Cape Town, South Africa.
• Disability Trade and Lifestyle Expo & Conference 2014 ,Nov 6-8, 2014 Expo Centre Johannesburg,Johannesburg, South Africa
• 4 Steps to Electronic and Information Technologies Compliance 2014,October 22, 2014,Webinar
• SIR 40th Annual Scientific Meeting 2015,March 14-19, 2015,Atlanta, GA, United States
• Medical Ethics and Legal Medicine 2014,Jul 26 - Aug 2, 2014,Holland America Line`s ms Westerdam,Seattle, WA, United States
• Medical Ethics & Legal Medicine 2014,September 18-23, 2014,Royal Caribbean`s Oasis of the Seas,Barcelona, Spain
• 5th Annual Correctional Services Healthcare Summit 2014,August 28-29, 2014,Novotel Melbourne on Collins,Melbourne, Australia
• 3rd International Conference and Exhibition on Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation 2015,May 18-20, 2015,San Antonio, TX, United States
• Medical-Legal Aspects of Pain Management and Workers` Compensation 2014,Nov 30 - Dec 7, 2014,Royal Caribbean`s Allure of the Seas,Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States
• International Conference on Healthcare (ICH 2014),October 28-29, 2014,Concorde Hotel Singapore,Singapore
• ANFAS HETEX - 5th International Health Tourism Exhibition 2014,November 14-16, 2014,Antalya Expo Centre,Antalya, Turkey,Care Show Birmingham 2014,November 4-5, 2014
• National Exhibition Centre Birmingham (NEC), Birmingham, United Kingdom
• 4th International Africa Peace and Conflict Resolution Conference 2014,July 25-26, 2014,Johannesburg, South Africa
• Medical Ethics and Legal Medicine 2015,November 15-22, 2015,Norwegian Cruise Line Epic
• 6th Annual National Disability Summit 2015,March 2015 (Not Final),Rydges ,Melbourne,Melbourne, Australia
• Naidex Scotland 2015,September 2015
• Scottish Exhibition & Conference Center (SECC),Glasgow, United Kingdom
• 4th International Conference and Exhibition on Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation 2016, ,United States
List of major disability research centers
• University of California
• San Diego State University
• Department of Human Health and Nutritional Sciences, College of Biological Sciences, University of Guelph
• Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas
• University of Houston
• University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston School of Public Health
• Craig Hospital, Research, Englewood, Colorado, United States
• Department of Kinesiology and Community Health, University of Illinois