As per available reports about 47 journals, 915 Conferences, are presently dedicated exclusively to distance education and about 8,07,00,000 articles are being published on the current trends in distance education. In terms of research annually, USA, India, Japan, Brazil and Canada are some of the leading countries where maximum studies related to distance education are being carried out.
As reported in slide Share, distance education is an education where teachers and students are seperated in the place and time. They communicate at times of their own choosing by exchanging printed or electronic media or thorugh technology that allows them to communicate in realtime and through other online ways.
A mode of eductaion in which students enrolled in a course do not attend the institution , but study off campus and may submit assignments by email or mail.
The Journal of community medicine and health education is an academic journal – hosted by OMICS International – a pioneer in open access publishing–and is listed among the top 10 journals in proteomics. Each year research scientists have noticed a rise in the number of congresses being held in this field. The Journal of community medicine and health education provides a unique platform to researchers and scientist to explore the advanced and latest research developments in the field of proteomics and bioinformatics, thus bridging the gap between researchers and young scientists.
OMICS International – a pioneer in organizing international conferences is organizing 3rd international conference and exhibition on occupational health and safety June 24-25, 2014,. Valencia,Spain
OMICS Group hosts over 400 leading-edge peer reviewed Open Access Journals and organize over 300 International Conferences annually all over the world. OMICS International journals have over 3 million readers and the fame and success of the same can be attributed to the strong editorial board which contains over 30000 eminent personalities that ensure a rapid, quality and quick review process. OMICS Group signed an agreement with more than 500 International Societies to make healthcare information Open Access.
List of Major distance education and related journals
• PloS one
• Behavioural brain research
• Nursing times
• The Journal of chiropractic education
• Journal of chemical education
• Middle East African journal of ophthalmology
• The British journal of general practice : the journal of the Royal College of General Practitioners
• Healthcare informatics research
• Telemedicine journal and e-health : the official journal of the American Telemedicine Association
• Family medicine
• British journal of community nursing
• Anatomical sciences education
• Education for health (Abingdon, England)
• HPB : the official journal of the International Hepato Pancreato Biliary Association
• Medical teacher
• Studies in health technology and informatics
• Médecine sciences : M/S
List of Major distance education and related confernces
• 5th International Conference on Distance Learning and Education (ICDLE 2014)
• October 8-9, 2014,Geneve, Switzerland
• 2015 International Education Conference in London,June 7-11, 2015,Kensington Close Hotel,London, United Kingdom
• 2015 International Education Conference in San Juan,March 22-26, 2015,Caribe Hilton Hotel,San Juan, Puerto Rico
• 2015 International Education Conference in Maui,January 4-8, 2015,Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa,Lahaina, HI, United States
• The 5th International Conference on Education & Educational Psychology (ICEEPSY 2014),October 22-25, 2014,Acapulco Resort & Convention & SPA,Kyrenia, Cyprus
• International Conference on Information and Education Technology - ICIET 2015,January 5-6, 2015,Bali, Indonesia
• 6th International Conference on Education and Information Management 2014,September 27-28, 2014,Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
• Belgrade International Conference on Education 2014,October 24-26, 2014,Hotel "Moscow"
• International Congress on Educational Policies (ICEP 2014),November 19-21, 2014,Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom,Bangkok, Thailand
• International Conference on Information and Education Innovations (ICIEI 2014),August 2-4, 2014,Yinhe Dynasty Hotel,Chengdu, China
• The 12th Asia TEFL International Conference 2014,August 28-30, 2014,Borneo Convention Centre,Kuching, Malaysia
• 2014 Annual Conference on Education Innovation,November 21-23, 2014,Grand Hotel,Taipei, Taiwan
• 4th World Congress for Technical Vocational Education and Training (WoCTVET 2014)
• November 5-6, 2014,Equatorial Hotel Melaka,Melaka, Malaysia
• Ireland International Conference on Education (IICE-2014),October 27-29, 2014,Bewleys Hotel Ballsbridge,Dublin, Ireland
• 6th International Conference on Education Technology and Computer (ICETC 2014)
• August 8-10, 2014,Quality Hotel Marlow, Singapore
• Multidisciplinary Academic Conference on Education, Teaching and E-learning (MAC-ETeL 2014),October 16-17, 2014,CSVTS - Czech Association of Scientific and Technical Societies,Prague, Czech Republic
• The 2014 Clute Institute International Academic Conference in San Francisco, California,August 3-7, 2014,Sheraton Fisherman`s Wharf,San Francisco, CA, United States
• 2015 Asia- Pacific Teaching Professor Conference (APTPC),March 5-7, 2015,Cosmosquare Hotel & Congress,Osaka, Japan
• 4th Annual International Conference on Education & e-Learning (EeL 2014),August 25-26, 2014,Dusit Thani Bangkok,Bangkok, Thailand
• 17th Annual International Conference on Education 2015,May 18-21, 2015,Athens, Greece
List of Major distance education research centers
• Gdansk University of Physical Education and Sport
• University School of Physical Education in Cracow
• University of Szczecin, Szczecin, Poland.
• University of Oxford, Oxford
• Harvard School of Public Health, Boston
• Guangdong Medical Key Laboratory of Brain Function and Diseases, Jinan University
• Key Laboratory for Visual Impairment and Restoration (Ministry of Education), Peking University, Beijing
• Department of Ophthalmology and State Key Laboratory of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, PR China.