As per available reports about 100 journals, 162 Conferences, 30 workshops are presently dedicated exclusively to DNA Methylation and about 366282 articles are being published on the current trends in DNA Methylation. In terms of research annually, USA, India, Japan, Brazil and Canada are some of the leading countries where maximum studies related to DNA Methylation are being carried out.
As reported in article News Medical DNA Methylation is described as DNA contains combinations of four nucleotides which include cytosine, guanine, thymine and adenine. DNA methylation refers to the addition of a methyl (CH3) group to the cytosine or guanine nucleotides. This methyl group may be added to the fifth carbon atom of the cytosine base or the sixth nitrogen atom of the adenine base.
This modification of the DNA alters the genes expressed in cells when they divide and differentiate from embryonic stem cells into cells of a particular tissue. The change in gene expression is stable and the cell does not revert back to a stem cell or another type of cell. The process of DNA methylation is stopped when a zygote is being formed but is restored as cell division occurs during development.
The Journal of Proteomics & Bioinformatics is an academic journal – hosted by OMICS International – a pioneer in open access publishing–and is listed among the top 10 journals in DNA Methylation. Each year research scientists have noticed a rise in the number of congresses being held in this field. The Journal of Proteomics & Bioinformatics provides a unique platform to researchers and scientist to explore the advanced and latest research developments in the field of DNA Methylation, thus bridging the gap between researchers and young scientists.
OMICS International – a pioneer in organizing international conferences is organizing 4th international conference on Proteomics and bioinformatics (Proteomics -2014) ,August 04-06-,2014,Chicago,USA
OMICS Group hosts over 400 leading-edge peer reviewed Open Access Journals and organize over 300 International Conferences annually all over the world. OMICS International journals have over 3 million readers and the fame and success of the same can be attributed to the strong editorial board which contains over 30000 eminent personalities that ensure a rapid, quality and quick review process. OMICS Group signed an agreement with more than 500 International Societies to make healthcare information Open Access.
List of Major DNA Methylation and related journals
• Der Nervenarzt
• Plant physiology
• Bioscience, biotechnology, and biochemistry
• Human reproduction (Oxford, England)
• Cancer research
• Translational research : the journal of laboratory and clinical medicine
• Journal of reproductive immunology
• Human heredity
• Polish journal of microbiology / Polskie Towarzystwo Mikrobiologów = The Polish Society of Microbiologists
• Epigenetics : official journal of the DNA Methylation Society
• Cell death & disease
• The Journal of biological chemistry
• BMC genomics
• Poultry science
• Molecular cell
• Neuroscience letters
• Biochimica et biophysica acta
List of Major DNA Methylation and related conferences
• Flow Cytometry Course 2014,September 15-19, 2014,University of York,York, United Kingdom
• Circulating Biomarkers 2014,October 1-2, 2014,University of Abertay Dundee,Dundee, United Kingdom
• 9th Annual ImVacS: The Immunotherapies and Vaccines Summit 2014,August 11-13, 2014,Boston Marriott Long Wharf,Boston, MA, United States
• 3rd International Conference on Forensic Research & Technology 2014,October 6-8, 2014
• Hilton San Antonio Airport hotel,San Antonio, TX, United States
• 6th Annual Next Generation Dx Summit 2014,August 19-21, 2014,Capital Hilton,Washington, DC, United States
• International Conference on Nature of Computation and Communication 2014,November 24-25, 2014,Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam
• 2nd Annual International Conference on Forensic Sciences and Criminalistics Research (FSCR 2014),November 24-25, 2014,Hotel Fort Canning,Singapore
• Advances in Prenatal Molecular Diagnostics 2014,November 5-7, 2014,Sheraton Boston Hotel,Boston, MA, United States
• Digital PCR 2014 - Technologies and Tools for Precision Diagnostics,October 6-8, 2014,San Diego Marriott La Jolla,La Jolla, CA, United States
• International Congress on Biotechnology & Bioinformatics (ICBB 2014),November 19-21, 2014
• Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom,Bangkok, Thailand
• Innovations in Medicine Conference 2014,October 9-11, 2014,Park Inn by Radisson Budapest Hotel,Budapest, Hungary
• Cancer Drug Discovery & Preclinical Development 2014,September 17-18, 2014,London, United Kingdom
• 8th International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedical Engineering (iCBBE 2014),September 20-22, 2014,Suzhou, China
• 5th Annual International Conference on Advances in Biotechnology (BIOTECH 2015)
• March 13-15, 2015,Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur,Kanpur, India
• 8th International DIP Symposium on Diabetes, Hypertension, Metabolic Syndrome, and Pregnancy 2015,April 15-18, 2015,Berlin, Germany
• International Workshop on Innovative Simulation for Healthcare (IWISH 2014),September 10-12, 2014,Universite de Bordeaux,Bordeaux, France
• 75th Harden Conference - Helicases and nucleic acid translocases 2014,August 2014 (Not Final)
• Robinson College,Cambridge, United Kingdom
• 10th Annual ImVacS: The Immunotherapies and Vaccines Summit 2015,August 2015 ,United States
List of Major DNA Methylation research institutes
• The Women's Cancer Research Center , Pittsburgh, PA , USA.
• Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (AcSIR), New Delhi.
• Department of Radiation Oncology, Icahn School of Medicine at Mt Sinai, NY, New York;
• Washington State University, Pullman, Washington,
• National Academy of Sciences (US)
• Seoul National University, Seoul
• The Ohio State University, Columbus
• The University of Queensland,Australia
• King Saud University, P.O. Box: 2455, Riyadh