As per available reports about 236 journals, 20 Conferences, 22 workshops are presently dedicated exclusively to Elderly care and about 43680 articles are being published on the current trends in Elderly care. In terms of research annually, USA, India, Japan, Brazil and Canada are some of the leading countries where maximum studies related to Elderly care are being carried out. Elderly care or simply eldercare (also known in parts of the English speaking world as aged care), is the fulfillment of the special needs and requirements that are unique to senior citizens. This broad term encompasses such services as assisted living, adult day care, long term care, nursing homes, hospice care, and home care. Because of the wide variety of elderly care found globally, as well as differentiating cultural perspectives on elderly citizens, cannot to be limited to any one practice. For example, many countries in Asia use government-established elderly care quite infrequently, preferring the traditional methods of being cared for by younger generations of family members. Elderly care emphasizes the social and personal requirements of senior citizens who need some assistance with daily activities and health care, but who desire to age with dignity. It is an important distinction, in that the design of housing, services, activities, employee training and such should be truly customer-centered. It is also noteworthy that a large amount of global elderly care falls under the unpaid market sector.
|OMICS International hosts over 700 leading-edge peer reviewed Open Access Journals and organize over 3000 International Conferences annually all over the world. OMICS International journals have over 3 million readers and the fame and success of the same can be attributed to the strong editorial board which contains over 50000 eminent personalities that ensure a rapid, quality and quick review process. OMICS International signed an agreement with more than 1000 International Societies to make healthcare information Open Access.
List of major Elderly care and related journals
• AGE AGEING - Age and Ageing
• BMJ - British Medical Journal
• ARCH GERONTOL GERIATR - Archives of Gerontology and Geriatrics
• J ADV NURS - Journal of Advanced Nursing
• Health Policy
List of major Elderly care and related Conferences
• PCA 2014 — Patient Care Asia 2014
• ESPNIC 2015 — 26th Annual Meeting of the European Society of Paediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care
• WCP 2014 — 7th World Congress for Psychotherapy
• Wound Care — Ninth Annual Wound Care Symposium
• POC — Point of Care
List of major Elderly care and related Research Centres
• Asia-Pacific Capacity Building Workshop on Elderly Care
• Elder Care Workshops — University of Louisville
• Sage Eldercare Solutions | Services Workshops
• Seniors and Caregivers Workshops - Family Service Toronto
• Uppsala Health Summit Workshop E: Care
|This page will be updated regularly.
This page was last updated on 12thSep 2014