As per available reports about 200 journals, 162 Conferences, 30 workshops are presently dedicated exclusively to Health professionals and about 366282 articles are being published on the current trends in Health professionals. In terms of research annually, USA, India, Japan, Brazil and Canada are some of the leading countries where maximum studies related to Health professionals are being carried out. As reported in “Predicting Under Nutrition Status of Under-Five Children Using Data Mining Techniques: The Case of 2011 Ethiopian Demographic and Health Survey” article, Under nutrition is one of the leading causes of morbidity and mortality in children under the age of five in most developing countries including Ethiopia. The main objective of this study was to design a model that predicts the nutritional status of under-five children using data mining techniques.
This study followed hybrid methodology of Knowledge Discovery Process to achieve the goal of building predictive model using data mining techniques and used secondary data from 2011 Ethiopia Demographic and Health Survey (EDHS) dataset. Hybrid process model was selected since it combines best features of Cross-Industry Standard Process for Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery in Database methodology to identify and describe several explicit feedback loops which are helpful in attaining the research objectives. WEKA 3.6.8 data mining tools and techniques such as J48 decision tree, Naïve Bayes and PART rule induction classifiers were utilized as means to address the research problem. In this particular study, the predictive model developed using PART pruned rule induction found to be best performing having 92.6% of accurate results and 97.8% WROC area. Promising result has been achieved from the rules regarding nutritional status prediction.
The results from this study were encouraging and confirmed that applying data mining techniques could indeed support a predictive model building task that predicts nutritional status of under-five children in Ethiopia. In the future, integrating large demographic and health survey dataset and clinical dataset, employing other classification algorithms, tools and techniques could yield better results.
The Journal of Health & Medical Informatics is an Open Access Publisher that aims to publish most complete and reliable source of information on the discoveries and current developments in the field dealing with cognitive information processing and decision making for the analysis of medical knowledge in the mode of original articles, review articles, case reports, short communications, etc. and making them freely available through online without any restrictions or any other subscriptions to researchers worldwide. This Scientific journal is using Editorial Manager System for quality in review process. Editorial Manager System is an online manuscript submission, review and tracking systems. Review processing is performed by the editorial board members, at least two independent reviewers approval followed by editor’s approval is required for acceptance of any citable manuscript. Authors may submit manuscripts and track their progress through the system, hopefully to publication. Reviewers can download manuscripts and submit their opinions to the editor. Editors can manage the whole submission/review/revise/publish process in thispeer reviewed journal.
|Our Group hosts over 700 leading-edge peer reviewed Open Access Journals and organize over 3000 International Conferences annually all over the world. Our Group journals have over 3 million readers and the fame and success of the same can be attributed to the strong editorial board which contains over 50000 eminent personalities that ensure a rapid, quality and quick review process. Our Group signed an agreement with more than 1000 International Societies to make healthcare information Open Access.
List of major health professionals and related journals
- Journal of Health & Medical Informatics
- Journal of Allied Health
- Journal of Continuing Education in the Health Professions
- Evaluation & the Health Professions
- Journal of Healthcare Risk Management
- American Journal of Medicine
- African Journal of Health Professions Education
- Journal of Healthcare Leadership - Dove Press Open AccessJournal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved
- NRHA - The Journal of Rural Health
- Journal of Local and Global Health Science
List of major health professionals and related conferences
- Occupational Health & Safety
- HITC -2014 — Health Informatics & Technology Conference
- pph2014 — Psychiatry and Physical Health 2014WASP 2014 — WASP Jubilee CongressWFO 2015 — 8th International Orthodontic CongressFIGO 2015 — XXI FIGO World Congress of Gynecology and Obstetrics
- WHW0115 — Work, Health, and Well-Being: Integrating Wellness and Occupational Health and Safety in the Workplace
List of major health professionals and related research centres
- Center for Health Research
- Center of Excellence for Diversity in Health
- Health Professions Division Research NSU
- Institute for Health Research UK
- Centre for Health and Clinical Research
- Centre for Health Information Management Research
- Centre for Health and Social Care Research
- Centre for Health Psychology - Staffordshire University
- Health and Human Sciences Research Institute (HHSRI)
- Centre for Research and Action in Public Health
|This page will be updated regularly.
This page was last updated on September 18, 2020