As per available reports about 100 journals, 162 Conferences, 30 workshops are presently dedicated exclusively to Integrated medicine and about 366282 articles are being published on the current trends in Integrated medicine. In terms of research annually, USA, India, Japan, Brazil and Canada are some of the leading countries where maximum studies related to proteomics are being carried out. As reported in article- Hemangi Rajput -” Treatment of Chronic Alcoholism: An Integrated Approach” - Integrated medicine is also called Alternative medicine ; Alternative medicine coupled with conventional and psychosocial therapies has been shown to be greatly effective in treating chronic alcoholism with positive treatment outcomes. Herbs like Kudzu, Tangerine Peel, Gentian and Bupleurum have been used efficaciously to treat chronic alcoholism and reduce liver toxicity.
This article reviews the herbs Kudzu, Tangerine Peel, Gentian and Bupleurum with respect to their actions on the enzymes alcohol and acetaldehyde dehydrogenase. We further explore the genetic and pathophysiological basis of alcoholism while unraveling genetic polymorphisms in the genes involved in metabolic and effector action pathways that have an important bearing on why some individuals are addicted to alcohol, have severe withdrawal response and increased tendency to relapse. In this article we mainly discuss the role of alternative medicine, specifically in context with the above mentioned herbs for their role in inhibiting production of acetaldehyde dehydrogenase, suppressing craving, regulating blood glucose balance and reducing hepatotoxicity in chronic alcoholics.
The Journal of Alternative & Integrative Medicine is an academic journal – hosted by OMICS International – a pioneer in open access publishing–and is listed among the top 10 journals in Alternative & Integrative Medicine. Each year research scientists have noticed a rise in the number of congresses being held in this field. The Journal of Alternative & Integrative Medicine provides a unique platform to researchers and scientist to explore the advanced and latest research developments in the field of Alternative & Integrative Medicine, thus bridging the gap between researchers and young scientists.
OMICS International – a pioneer in organizing international conferences, is set to host the Global summit on Herbals and Natural Remedies, October 26-27,2015 Chicago, USA. Since its inception, OMICS International has focused on meeting the needs of the scientific community, through strong tie-up with business and industry, while at the same time accomplishing international benchmarks and accreditation standards. OMICS Group Conferences are integrated with workshops, symposia, trade shows and world congresses by bringing together people on a single platform thereby achieving its motto of escalating and enlightening the lamp of knowledge across the world in all the areas of Science, Medicine and Technology.
|Our Group hosts over 700 leading-edge peer reviewed Open Access Journals and organize over 3000 International Conferences annually all over the world. Our Group journals have over 3 million readers and the fame and success of the same can be attributed to the strong editorial board which contains over 50000 eminent personalities that ensure a rapid, quality and quick review process. Our Group signed an agreement with more than 1000 International Societies to make healthcare information Open Access.
List of major alternative medicine and related journals
List of major alternative medicine and related conferences
- 3rd International Conference and Exhibition on Traditional & Alternative Medicine
- 2nd AMDI International Biohealth Sciences Conference 2016 Penang, Malaysia
- 10th National symposium on 'Healthy Yoga Lifestyle - for Prevention of Lifestyle Diseses' Sevagram (Wardha), India
- 25th Paramhansa Yogananda International Conference on Science, Spirituality and Education Shimla, India
- 2nd International Conference on Stress Management Professional (ICSMP 2015) Hyderabad, India
- Second International Research Conference on Science, Health andmedicine 2015 (IRCSHM 2015)
- Australian & New Zealand Society of Occupational Medicine(ANZSOM) Annual Scientific Meeting
- 3rd Annual International Conference on Advances in Cancer Medical Research (ACMR 2016)
- ARSA 2015 The 4th Virtual International Conference on Advanced Research in Scientific Areas
- Global Summit on Herbals and Natural Remedies
- (ICOPC) 2015 1st Annual International Conference on Preventive Cardiology - 2015
- 3rd Annual International Conference on Cardiology and Cardiovascular Medicine Research (CCMR 2016).
- Xixth International Congress "Phytopharm 2015"
- 13th Annual Restorative Medicine Conference.
- WCPNT 2015 — IUPHAR World Conference on the Pharmacology of Natural and Traditional Medicine 2015
- 6th Annual Integrative Medicine for Mental Health Conference
- WCIM 2018 — World Congress of Internal Medicine
- British Conference of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Update CME - Internal Medicine and Primary Care
- 8DKOU 2015 - Behind the Horizon
- HORMONE REPLACEMENT THERAPY SEMINAR (Session 1) with Dr. Neal Rouzier in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- American Association Of Naturopathic Physicians (Aanp) 30th Anniversary Conference In Oakland, California.
- 24th Annual Iaacn Scientific Symposium – Preventive Biochemical Interventions & Novel Therapeutic Overtures For Those With Cancer In Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Integrative Addiction 2015 In Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
- Northwest Herb Symposium – Botanicals At The Beach @ Camp Casey Conference Center, Whidbey Island, Washington.
- 43rd Annual Alternative Therapies Cancer Convention In Los Angeles, California.
- Tour Of Mexican Cancer Clinics From Universal City, California.
- Curing The Incurables In St. Louis, Missouri.
- 15th International Conference On Ayurvedic Medicine In Paris, France.
- Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy Symposium In New Orleans, Louisiana.
- American Academy Of Pain Management 26th Annual Clinical Meeting In Washington, D.C.
- 6th Annual Integrative Medicine For Mental Health Conference In San Diego
- The Gut Brain Relationship Conference In Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- 16th International Conference On Ayurveda & Psychiatry In Vevay, Switzerland.
- New Frontiers In Gi Medicine In Dallas, Texas.
- International Plant-Based Nutrition Healthcare Conference In Anaheim, California
- 13th Annual Restorative Medicine Conference In Blaine, Washington.
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Seminar (Session 2) With Dr. Neal Rouzier In Chicago, Illinois.
- 15th International Conference On Ayurveda & Autoimmune Disorders In San Jose, California.
- Mindful Practice Advanced Workshop: Enhancing Quality Of Care, Quality Of Caring, And Resilience In Batavia, New York.
- 10th Annual Cardiometabolic Health Congress In Boston, Massachusetts.
- Concordia: The Legacy Continuum 2015-Bioenergetic Functional Medicine In Santa Barbara, California.
- 16th Annual Science And Clinical Application Of Integrative Holistic Medicine In San Diego, California.
- 42nd Biological Medicine Tour To Germany & Baden-Baden Medicine Week -
- Icim Conference – Energy & Medicine: Paradox & Controversy In Chicago, Illinois.
- Arizona Naturopathic Medical Association 2015 Fall Continuing Medical Education Conference In Scottsdale, Arizona.
- 56th American College Of Nutrition Annual Conference In Orlando, Florida.
- Society For Acupuncture Research 2015 Conference In Boston, Massachusetts.
- American Functional Medicine Association Annual Conference In Atlanta, Georgia
- Ignite Conference 2015 – The Business Of Better Medicine In San Diego, California.
- 12th International Conference Of The Society For Integrative Oncology In Boston, Massachusetts.
- 5th Annual Pro-Aging Europe Conference With Dr. Thierry Hertoghe In
- 23rd Annual World Congress On Anti-Aging Medicine In Las Vegas,
- Ldn 2016 Conference In Orlando, Florida.
|This page will be updated regularly.
This page was last updated on May 20, 2022