As per available reports about 100 journals, 162 Conferences, 30 workshops are presently dedicated exclusively to irradiation and about 366282 articles are being published on the current trends in irradiation. In terms of research annually, USA, India, Japan, Brazil and Canada are some of the leading countries where maximum studies related to irradiation are being carried out. As reported in Effect of Gamma Irradiation on Carotenoids and Vitamin C Contents of Papaya Fruit (Carica papaya L.) Cv. Golden, Gamma irradiation in food technology has been considered an effective process for decay control, extending shelf life of a wide variety of highly perishable fruits due to the fast ripening after harvest). Studies have shown that irradiation increases the shelf life of various tropical and subtropical fruits such as papayas, mangoes and bananas and also leads to the inactivation of microorganisms. However, irradiation process can produce serious undesirable effects on food nutritional quality.
The Journal of Food Processing & Technology is an academic journal – hosted by OMICS International–a pioneer in open access publishing–and is listed among the top 10 journals in irradiation. Each year research scientists have noticed a rise in the number of congresses being held in this field. The Journal of Food Processing & Technology provides a unique platform to researchers and scientist to explore the advanced and latest research developments in the field of irradiation, thus bridging the gap between researchers and young scientists.
OMICS International–a pioneer in organizing international conferences Food Technology-2016 is designed to offer comprehensive sessions that address current issues in Dairy farming, Flavor chemistry, Food Policy, Food contaminant, Molecular gastronomy, Nutraceutical, Nutrigenomics.Food policy is the public policy which deals how food is produced, processed, distributed, and purchased. It is designed to influence the operation of the food and agriculture system.
|Our Group hosts over 700 leading-edge peer reviewed Open Access Journals and organize over 3000 International Conferences annually all over the world. Our Group journals have over 3 million readers and the fame and success of the same can be attributed to the strong editorial board which contains over 50000 eminent personalities that ensure a rapid, quality and quick review process. Our Group signed an agreement with more than 1000 International Societies to make healthcare information Open Access.
List of major irradiation and related journals
- Journal of Food Processing & Technology
- Comprehensive Reviews in Food Science and Food Safety
- American Journal of Clinical Nutrition
- Journal of Nutrition
- Nutrition Reviews
- Innovative Food Science and Emerging Technologies
- LWT - Food Science and Technology
- International Journal of Food Microbiology
- Current Opinion in Clinical Nutrition and Metabolic Care
- Molecular Nutrition and Food Research
List of major irradiation and related conferences
- 3rd International Conference and Exhibition on Food Processing & Technology
- 2nd International Congress on Food Technology
- Food and Agribusiness Management Program
- 14th International Nutrition & Diagnostics Conference
- 7th International Whey Conference 2014
- Science and technology for the economic and sustainable exploitation of agri-food chain wastes and co-products
List of major irradiation related research centers
- Central Food Technological Research Institute
- Georgia Tech Research Institute Food Processing Technology Division
- Centre of Food Technology - University of Allahabad
- Central food processing research institute
- Teagasc food research centre
- Moorepark food research centre
|This page will be updated regularly.
This page was last updated on April 19, 2021