As per available reports about 656 journals, 11 Conferences, 9 workshops are presently dedicated exclusively to Lyme disease and about 368,000 articles are being published on the current trends in Lyme disease. In terms of research annually, USA, India, Japan, Brazil and Canada are some of the leading countries where maximum studies related to proteomics are being carried out. Lyme disease is an infectious disease caused by at least three species of bacteria belonging to the genus Borrelia. Early symptoms may include fever, headache, and fatigue. A rash occurs in 70–80% of infected persons at the site of the tick bite after a delay of 3–30 days (average is about 7 days), and may or may not appear as the well-publicized bull's-eye (erythema migrans). The rash is only rarely painful or itchy, although it may be warm to the touch. About 20–30% of infected persons do not experience a rash.
The Epidemiology: Open Access is an academic journal – hosted by OMICS International – a pioneer in open access publishing–and is listed among the top 10 journals in Lyme disease. Each year research scientists have noticed a rise in the number of congresses being held in this field. The Journal of Epidemiology: Open Access provides a unique platform to researchers and scientist to explore the advanced and latest research developments in the field of Lyme disease, thus bridging the gap between researchers and young scientists.
OMICS International – a pioneer in organizing international conferences (Epidemiology and genetics 2014 will be held on August 18-19, 2014 in Beijing, China, with the collaboration and support of editorial members and scientific partners. This scientific conference will bring renowned researchers, experts, and students under a common platform.The branch of epidemiology plays a crucial role in influencing the global health goals set by various public health organizations like WHO, UNAIDS, UNICEF, FAO and other professional bodies. The activities that benefit through these organizations are epidemic and pandemic control measures, drafting emergency action plans in times of drought and global calamities, redeeming global policies to alleviate poverty and malnutrition, forecasting health economics, safeguarding ecology, and more).
|Our Group hosts over 700 leading-edge peer reviewed Open Access Journals and organize over 3000 International Conferences annually all over the world. Our Group journals have over 3 million readers and the fame and success of the same can be attributed to the strong editorial board which contains over 50000 eminent personalities that ensure a rapid, quality and quick review process. Our Group signed an agreement with more than 1000 International Societies to make healthcare information Open Access.
List of major Lyme disease related journals
- The New England Journal of Medicine
- International Journal of Leprosy and Other Mycobacterial Diseases
- Journal of Infectious Diseases
- Current Opinion in Infectious Diseases
- Current Clinical Topics in Infectious Diseases
- Open Infectious Diseases Journal
- Immunology and Infectious Diseases
List of major Lyme disease related conferences
- Annual Lyme Disease Conference, October 16-18, 2015, USA.
- Lyme Disease Fundamentals Course, October 15, 2015, USA.
- Infectious Diseases (ID) Week, October 07-11, 2015, USA.
- Emerging Infections in Clinical Practice and Public Health, November 20, 2015, USA.
- Infectious Diseases in the Adult Patient: A Primary Care Update, December 28-31, 2015, USA.
List of major Lyme disease related Associations
- Lyme Disease Association, Inc
- American Lyme Disease Foundation
- Florida Lyme Disease Association
- Lyme Disease Association of Australia
- National Capital Lyme and Tick-Borne Disease Association
|This page will be updated regularly.
This page was last updated on June 23, 2021