As per available reports about 81 journals, 52 Conferences, 17 workshops are presently dedicated exclusively to radiation medicine and about 2,690,000 articles are being published on the current trends in radiation medicine. In terms of research annually, United States, United Kingdom, Japan and Germany are some of the leading countries where maximum studies related to radiation medicine are being carried out. Radiation medicine or radiation therapy is a treatment procedure in which ionizing radiation is used for killing malignant cells or tumours in many types of cancers. It is generally used in the cases where the tumours are localized in certain parts of the body. This therapy is based on the principle of damaging the DNA of malignant cells, thereby killing them (cellular death). Although, this therapy has major benefits in cancer treatment, its use in non-malignant case is limited by the risks of radiation damages to the healthy cells (radiation-induced cancers).
The Journal of Nuclear Medicine & Radiation Therapy is an academic journal – hosted by OMICS International – a pioneer in open access publishing–and is listed among the top 10 journals in radiation medicine. Each year research scientists have noticed a rise in the number of congresses being held in this field. The Journal of Nuclear Medicine & Radiation Therapy provides a unique platform to researchers and scientist to explore the advanced and latest research developments in the field of radiation medicine, thus bridging the gap between researchers and young scientists.
OMICS Group is a pioneer and leading scientific event organizer, which publishes around 300 Open Access Journals and organizes over 100 Scientific Conferences all over the globe annually with the support from various scientific associations and 20,000 editorial board members. Since its inception, OMICS Group has focused on meeting the needs of the scientific community, through strong tie-up with business and industry, while at the same time accomplishing international benchmarks and accreditation standards. OMICS Group Conferences are integrated with workshops, symposia, trade shows and world congresses by bringing together people on a single platform thereby achieving its motto of escalating and enlightening the lamp of knowledge across the world in all the areas of Science, Medicine and Technology.
Journal of Nuclear Medicine & Radiation Therapy is supporting 2nd International conference on Radiology & Imaging which is going to be held during September 08-09, 2014 in Raleigh, North Carolina, USA with the respective theme “Current and Advanced Research in Radiology and Imaging
|Our Group hosts over 700 leading-edge peer reviewed Open Access Journals and organize over 3000 International Conferences annually all over the world. Our Group journals have over 3 million readers and the fame and success of the same can be attributed to the strong editorial board which contains over 50000 eminent personalities that ensure a rapid, quality and quick review process. Our Group signed an agreement with more than 1000 International Societies to make healthcare information Open Access.
List of Major Journals on Radiation Medicine:
- Journal of Nuclear Medicine & Radiation Therapy
- Applied Radiation and Isotopes
- Cardiovascular Radiation Medicine
- Food Irradiation [Shokuhin-Shosha]
- International Journal for Radiation Physics And Chemistry
- International Journal of Low Radiation
- International Journal of Radiation Biology
- International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics
- Nuclear Technology & Radiation Protection
- Practical Radiation Oncology
List of Major Conferences on Radiation Medicine and related fields:
- 2nd International Conference on Radiology and Imaging 2014, USA.
- 2014 Combined Scientific Meeting (CSM) on Imaging and Radiation in Personalised Medicine, Australia.
- CT - Oncology Image Interpretation 2014
- IEEE Nuclear Science Symposium and Medical Imaging Conference (NSS/MIC 2014), USA.
- IEEE Nuclear & Space Radiation Effects Conference (NSREC 2015)
- The American Head and Neck Society (AHNS) Annual Meeting 2014, USA
- Multidisciplinary International Rectal Cancer Society (MIRCS 2014), USA (NSREC 2015)
- Advanced Cardiovascular Imaging 2014: Interactive and Case-Based Review, USA(NSREC 2015)
- 2nd International Oncology Conference 2014, UAE.
- International Conference on Medical and Bioengineering (ICMBE 2014), Georgia.
List of Major Research Centers on Radiation Medicine and related fields:
- International Centre for Low Dose Radiation Research
- Center of Acute Radiation Research.
- Research Center for Radiation Protection, Japan.
- OncoRay - Center for Radiation Research in Oncology, Germany
- Radiation Research Program - National Cancer Institute, USA
- Takasaki Advanced Radiation Research Institute, Japan
- Hiroshima Synchrotron Radiation Center
- Center of Acute Radiation Research
- Armed Forces Radiobiology Research Institute.
|This page will be updated regularly.
This page was last updated on June 14, 2021