As per available reports about 81 journals, 208 Conferences, 34 workshops are presently dedicated exclusively to radiation oncology and about 2,690,000 articles are being published on the current trends in radiation oncology. In terms of research annually, United States, United Kingdom, Japan and Germany are some of the leading countries where maximum studies related to radiation oncology are being carried out. Radiation Oncology is one of three medical specialties involved in the treatment of cancer. It involves the use of ionizing radiation such as megavoltage x rays or radionuclides to hit cancerous tissue (tumour). It is based on the fact that high energy radiation damages the DNA of the malignant cells, leading to cellular death, thereby controlling the cell division. Sometimes, it is also used to treat some benign diseases and benign tumours.
The Journal of Nuclear Medicine & Radiation Therapy is an academic journal – hosted by OMICS International – a pioneer in open access publishing–and is listed among the top 10 journals in radiation oncology. Each year research scientists have noticed a rise in the number of congresses being held in this field. The Journal of Nuclear Medicine & Radiation Therapy provides a unique platform to researchers and scientist to explore the advanced and latest research developments in the field of radiation oncology, thus bridging the gap between researchers and young scientists.
OMICS International – a pioneer in organizing international conferences. OMICS Group is a pioneer and leading scientific event organizer, which organises over 100 Scientific Conferences all over the globe annually with the support from various scientific associations. Since its inception, OMICS Group has focused on meeting the needs of the scientific community, through strong tie-up with business and industry, while at the same time accomplishing international benchmarks and accreditation standards. OMICS Group Conferences are integrated with workshops, symposia, trade shows and world congresses by bringing together people on a single platform thereby achieving its motto of escalating and enlightening the lamp of knowledge across the world in all the areas of Science, Medicine and Technology.
|OMICS International hosts over 700 leading-edge peer reviewed Open Access Journals and organize over 3000 International Conferences annually all over the world. OMICS International journals have over 3 million readers and the fame and success of the same can be attributed to the strong editorial board which contains over 50000 eminent personalities that ensure a rapid, quality and quick review process. OMICS International signed an agreement with more than 1000 International Societies to make healthcare information Open Access.
List of Major Journals on Radiation Oncology:
- Journal of Nuclear Medicine & Radiation Therapy
- International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics
- Journal of Medical Imaging and Radiation Oncology
- Practical Radiation Oncology
- Radiation Oncology
- Radiation Oncology Investigations
- Seminars in Radiation Oncology
- Journal of Medical Imaging and Radiation Sciences
- Radiation Oncology Journal
List of Major Conferences on Radiation Oncology and related fields:
- 2nd International Conference on Radiology and Imaging 2014, USA.
- CT - Oncology Image Interpretation 2014
- The American Head and Neck Society (AHNS) Annual Meeting 2014, USA
- IEEE Nuclear & Space Radiation Effects Conference (NSREC 2015)
- 2nd International Oncology Conference 2014, UAE. (NSREC 2015)
- Multidisciplinary International Rectal Cancer Society (MIRCS 2014), USA
- 2014 Combined Scientific Meeting (CSM) on Imaging and Radiation in Personalised Medicine, Australia
- 46th Congress of the International Society of Paediatric Oncology (SIOP 2014), Canada
- Congress of the International Society of Paediatric Oncology (SIOP 2014), Canada
List of Major Research Centers on Radiation Oncology and related fields:
- Gray Institute for Radiation Oncology and Biology
- Radiation Oncology Branch - Center for Cancer Research, NCI, USA
- Radiation Oncology - Stanford University School of Medicine, USA.
- Department of Radiation Oncology Research & Clinical Trials, University of Massachssets, USA
|This page will be updated regularly.
This page was last updated on 18thSepÂ 2015