As per available reports about 97 journals, 165 Conferences, 19 workshops are presently dedicated exclusively to radiation therapy and about 1,950,000 articles are being published on the current trends in radiation therapy. In terms of research annually, United States, United Kingdom, Japan and Germany are some of the leading countries where maximum studies related to radiation therapy are being carried out. Radiation Therapy is a treatment procedure in which ionizing radiation is used for killing malignant cells or tumours in many types of cancers. It is generally used in the cases where the tumours are localized in certain parts of the body. This therapy is based on the principle of damaging the DNA of malignant cells, thereby killing them (cellular death). Although, this therapy has major benefits in cancer treatment, its use in non-malignant case is limited by the risks of radiation damages to the healthy cells (radiation-induced cancers).
The Journal of Nuclear Medicine & Radiation Therapy is an academic journal – hosted by OMICS International a pioneer in open access publishing–and is listed among the top 10 journals in radiation physics. Each year research scientists have noticed a rise in the number of congresses being held in this field. The Journal of Nuclear Medicine & Radiation Therapy provides a unique platform to researchers and scientist to explore the advanced and latest research developments in the field of radiation physics, thus bridging the gap between researchers and young scientists.
OMICS International is a pioneer and leading scientific event organizer, and has been involved in organizing 1000 scientific conferences each year on the most important and challenging topics. Since its inception, OMICS International has focused on meeting the needs of the scientific community, through strong tie-up with business and industry, while at the same time accomplishing international benchmarks and accreditation standards. OMICS International's Scientific Conferences put forward a colloquium of researchers, academicians, industry professionals, and authors & editors of OMICS International Open Access Journals focusing on specific research discipline, contributing an efficient and impactful platform where research amalgamates with technology. OMICS International Conferences involves the nationwide participation around the globe through major continents such as America, Asia, and Europe.
|Our Group hosts over 700 leading-edge peer reviewed Open Access Journals and organize over 3000 International Conferences annually all over the world. Our Group journals have over 3 million readers and the fame and success of the same can be attributed to the strong editorial board which contains over 50000 eminent personalities that ensure a rapid, quality and quick review process. Our Group signed an agreement with more than 1000 International Societies to make healthcare information Open Access.
List of Major Journals on Radiation Therapy
List of Major Conferences on Radiation Therapy and related fields:
List of Major Research Centers on Radiation Therapy and related fields:
- Imaging and Radiation Oncology Core, MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Institute of Radiation Physics, HZDR, Germany.
- Institute of Biological Research
- UW Medical Radiation Research Center.
- Centre for Medical Radiation Physics, University of Wollongong, Australia
- OncoRay - Center for Radiation Research in Oncology, Germany
- Radiation Physics Division, University of Pennsylvania, USA
- Centre for Nuclear and Radiation Physics, University of Surrey, UK.
- Takasaki Advanced Radiation Research Institute, Japan
- Center of Acute Radiation Research
List of Radiation Therapy related field Associations:
- Society of Computed Body Tomography & Magnetic Resonance
- Society of Breast Imaging
- The Inter-American Society of Chemotherapy
- American Association for Women Radiologists
- American Board of Radiology (ABR)
- American Board of Nuclear Medicine (ABNM)
- American College of Nuclear Medicine
- American College of Radiology (ACR)
- American College of Radiation Oncology (ACRO)
- The Association for medical Imaging & Management
- American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine
- American Radium society
- American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography,
- The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology (ASTRO)
- American Society of Head and Neck Radiology
- American Society of Interventional and Therapeutic Neuroradiology (ASITN)
- American Society of Neuroradiology
- American Society of Nuclear Cardiology
- American Society of Radiologic Technologists
- American Telemedicine Association (ATA)
- Association of University Radiologists
- Association of Vascular and Interventional Radiographers
- Clinical Magnetic Resonance Society (CMRS)
- Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery (CARS)
- International Association of Dento-Maxillo-Facial Radiology
- International Consortium for Medical Imaging Technology (ICMIT)
- International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine
- International Society of Radiographers & Radiological Technologists (RSRRT)
- International Society of Radiology
- Radiation Research Society
- Radiation Therapy Oncology Group
|This page will be updated regularly.
This page was last updated on April 15, 2021