As per available reports about 332 journals, 4 conferences, 34 workshops are presently dedicated exclusively to taxonomy and about 674847 articles are being published on the current trends in taxonomy. In terms of research annually, USA, India, Japan, Brazil and Canada are some of the leading countries where maximum studies related to taxonomy are being carried out. According to Convention on Biological Diversity, Taxonomy is the science of naming, describing and classifying organisms and includes all plants, animals and microorganisms of the world.
The Journal of Phylogenetics & Evolutionary Biology is an academic journal – hosted by OMICS International – a pioneer in open access publishing. Each year research scientists have noticed a rise in the number of congresses being held in this field. The Journal of Phylogenetics & Evolutionary Biology provides a unique platform to researchers and scientist to explore the advanced and latest research developments in the field of taxonomy, thus bridging the gap between researchers and young scientists.
OMICS International, a pioneer in organizing international conferences, is hosting the 3rd International Conference on Biodiversity & Sustainable Energy Development that is specifically premeditated with a unifying axiom providing pulpit to widen the imminent scientific creations. The main theme of the conference is "Milestones of innovative scientific research in biodiversity and its allied areas" which covers a broad array of vitally key sessions.
OMICS Group hosts over 400 leading-edge peer reviewed Open Access Journals and organize over 300 International Conferences annually all over the world. OMICS International journals have over 3 million readers and the fame and success of the same can be attributed to the strong editorial board which contains over 30000 eminent personalities that ensure a rapid, quality and quick review process. OMICS Group signed an agreement with more than 500 International Societies to make healthcare information Open Access..
List of major Taxonomy and related journals
- European Journal of Taxonomy
- Journal of Taxonomy and Biosystematics
- Blumea journal of plant taxonomy and plant geography
- Journal of Plant Taxonomy and Geography
- Journal of Taxonomy and Biodiversity Research
- Journal of Systematic Biology
- Korean Journal of Plant Taxonomy
- Species diversity
- Bangladesh Journal of Plant Taxonomy
List of major Taxonomy and related conferences
- Online Taxonomy - One day conference
List of major Taxonomy related research centers
- Consortium of European Taxonomic Facilities
- The Hibett Lab, Clark University
- The Patek Lab, Duke Univetrsity
- Plant systematics lab, University of Saskatchewan
List of major Taxonomy related societies
- The Linnean Society of London
- American Society of Plant Taxonomists
- Indian Association for Angiosperm Taxonomy
List of major Taxonomy related workshops
- Taxonomy Fundamentals Workshop 2013