As per available reports about 124 journals, 87 Conferences, 102 workshops are presently dedicated exclusively to thin film and about 17555 articles are being published on the current trends in thin film. In terms of research annually, USA, India, Japan, Brazil and Canada are some of the leading countries where maximum studies related to thin film are being carried out. A thin film is a layer of material ranging from fractions of a nanometer (monolayer) to several micrometers in thickness. Electronic semiconductor devices and optical coatings are the main applications benefiting from thin-film construction. A depth of less than one micrometre is generally called a thin film while a depth greater than one micrometre is called a coating. As reported by Krista Freeman et al. about Thickness of a Thin Film, a layer of sheet transparent material whose thickness is of the order of a given wavelength of electromagnetic radiation.
The Journal of Nanomedicine & Nanotechnology is an academic journal – hosted by OMICS International – a pioneer in open access publishing–and is listed among the top 10 journals on thin film. Each year research scientists have noticed a rise in the number of congresses being held in this field. The Journal of Nanomedicine & Nanotechnology provides a unique platform to researchers and scientist to explore the advanced and latest research developments in the field of layer thin film, thus bridging the gap between researchers and young scientists.
OMICS Group is organizing 4th International Conference & Exhibition on Nanotek & Expo with the theme "Challenging Aspects and Frontiers in Nanoscience & Nanotechnology” with a well reputed organizing committee during Dec 01-03, 2014, DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport, San Francisco, USA.
|Our Group hosts over 700 leading-edge peer reviewed Open Access Journals and organize over 3000 International Conferences annually all over the world. Our Group journals have over 3 million readers and the fame and success of the same can be attributed to the strong editorial board which contains over 50000 eminent personalities that ensure a rapid, quality and quick review process. Our Group signed an agreement with more than 1000 International Societies to make healthcare information Open Access.
List of major related journals on Thin Film
List of major conferences on the Thin Film
- 4th International Conference & Exhibition on Nanotek & Expo
- ICNFA 2014 - 5th International Conference on Nanotechnology: Fundamentals and Applications
- Nanomaterials: Application & Properties 2014
- Colloidal Semiconductor Nanocrystals — From Fundamental Physics to Functional Materials
- 2014 IEEE 11th International Conference on Group IV Photonics
- The International Conference on Thin Films (ICTF-16), Croatia
- 11th International Conference "Advances in Coatings Technology - ACT'14, PolandICMCTF'15 - International Conference On Metallurgical Coatings & Thin Films
- CSTIC — 2015 China Semiconductor Technology International Conference
List of major research centers working on the Thin Film
- YINQE (Yale Institute for Nanoscience and Quantum Engineering)
- WKU's Applied Physics Institute (API)
- Institute for Quantum Information and Matter (IQIM) at Caltech
- Center for applied physics, University of Niš
- Center for Applied Physics and Technology (CAPT)
List of major Societies on the Thin Film
- European Society of Thin Films (EFDS), Germany
- European Materials Research Society (E-MRS), France
- Society of Vacuum Coaters, USA
- Materials Research Society, USA
- The Optical Society (OSA), USA
List of major workshops on the Thin Film
- X-ray Scattering Methods for Thin Film Characterization, Czech Republic
- EuMaT-Strategy Workshop on Thin Films, Germany
- Advanced Topics in Optical Coatings, USA
|This page will be updated regularly.
This page was last updated on October 03, 2023