The Ambroise-Paré Hospital is a Paris Public Hospital (AP-HP) located in Boulogne-Billancourt in the Hauts-de-Seine. Its under the name of Ambroise Paré, King of the surgeon, considered as the Father of Modern Surgery. It received this name in 1921 when the APHP bought out with the financial assistance of the municipality the sanatorium of Doctor Sollier located between the Seine and the street Castéja, then famous health house, somewhat mundane, which had welcomed Marcel Proust.
Destroyed by the bombing during the war, it was rebuilt in 1969 in the old courtyard of the Rothschild castle, which had served as a logistics center for the American army during the war and where the lorries of the trucks had ruined. It was enlarged in 2007 by the addition of a new wing of visceral surgery.
The hospital employs 1922 people including 431 medical staff and 1492 non-medical staff.