Andalucía Investiga was born as a stable structure in the "Vice-Rectorate of Research" with the aim of strengthening and supporting the social dissemination of research, science and culture of the Malacian Campus. The services of Andalucía Investiga is a Service of Documentation and Scientific Dissemination SEDOC
The activities SEDOC be made through:
• Scientific Communication Portal: Uciencia
• Blogs intended for the Dissemination of Scientific Culture
• Journal of Scientific Communication: Uciencia
• Organization of Events of Scientific Culture
• Formation and Consulting in Science Communication.
The main objective of the Andalusian Scientific Dissemination Program is to promote the communication of science in the Andalusian territory, stimulating strategies that allow a better knowledge of the research carried out both in the private and public initiatives to contribute to a greater projection Social science in our community. A full development in Andalusia can not be understood without a greater scientific and technological culture as a strategic factor that will guarantee social welfare.
Andalucía Investiga has interdisciplinary communication team for the use of the New Technologies of Information and Communication (multimedia resources, databases, directories of links). As a documentalist of the team, it is the responsibility of the selection, editing and organization of resources or sources of information on any medium that is relevant to the dissemination of science. In addition, it is in charge of communication with the educational centers for the organization of the activities with the same ones of dissemination of the scientific culture and promotion of the investigating vocations.
The vision and mission of Andalucía Investiga are
• To be a unit of reference in the UMA for the channeling to the society of the scientific culture
• To place in the forefront social and informative the scientific, technical and cultural achievements
• Collaborate in the democratization of university knowledge
• Create and maintain facilities, instruments (Center for Scientific Dissemination, Portal of scientific dissemination, Magazine, ...) and services (training, organization of events)
• That guarantees the optimal social communication of the scientific culture generated by our University.