Architecture and Building Research Institute (ABRI) an Taiwan’s leading national research agency for promoting innovation in architecture and buildings different projects initiated by Taiwan government. Ministry of Interior has its supervision on the ABRI, main objective are development of dwelling spaces making it intelligent, safe healthy, comfortable and environment friendly. It promotes for green building and also safe housing and disaster prevention.
ARBI establish Fire safety regulations which are followed by everyone in Taiwan. It also takes part in preservation of historical and cultural buildings; it conducts research to establish policies and regulations for promoting excellence in constructions, Development of innovative building material which will be utilized by building industry. ARBI has State-of-Art Materials Research lab which will be conducting research in construction methods and materials utilized which can be helpful in conserving energy, providing great strength to building.
Different research conducted and published by ARBI recently
1. Research on the Standards for Air Permeability of Windows and Doors
2. The Development and Research on Hourly Typical Meteorological Years (TMY3) for Building Energy Simulation Analysis of Taiwan
3. The Research on Improving T echnologys for Sound Insulation of the Facades and Facade Elements
4. A Study on Verification , Expand and Renovate of Building Materials Emission Information Simulation
5. The Research on the Field Measurement Standard of the Noise of Equipments and Pipes Used in Building Water Supply and Drainage
6. Research of Accessible Facilities Design in Domiciliary Care Institutions
7. A Study on Spatial Planning for Residential Units at Long-term Dementia Care Facilities
8. Study on the living environment development of aging society
9. Review Items on Structural Design and Construction for Buildings using Ultra High-Strength Reinforced-Concrete
10. Behavior of Encased and Filled Composite Steel Box Columns in Fire And many more..
It has Technology Research and Development Research lab which conducts research in disaster prevention buildings and high quality building equipment and material technology which are safe, environment friendly and energy conservative.
ARBI has four major targets Conducting R&D for buildings, construction of Information Exchange, promotion of green and safe building technology and providing and maintaining building material labels and certification.