Augusta State University was founded as the Academy of Richmond County in 1783 as a high school. It opened in 1785 and presented collegiate-level classes from its earliest days, and its classes were overseen by the Georgia state legislature. Graduates were accepted into colleges as sophomores or juniors. function of the academy was overseen by a board of trustees until 1909, when control was passed to the Augusta Board of Education. The college-level classes continued to be overseen by a committee of the state legislature. As conscription increased, land for a new building was purchased. In 1925, prior to completion of the new building, the Junior College of Augusta was established. In 1957, the junior college alienated from the academy and moved to its present location on Walton Way. In 1958, the college became a part of the University System of Georgia and its name was officially changed to Augusta College. It remained a two-year college until 1963, when it attained four-year status. A second campus was added on Wrightsboro Road, which now houses athletics, kinesiology & health science, a golf house, and 18-hole golf course. In 1996, Augusta College was renamed Augusta State University, along with name changes mandated for most of the rest of the university syst
The following is the list of proceedings by scholars from Augusta State University that are published in OMICS International journals and conferences.