BLDE University is one of the reputed deemed universities in Karnataka providing education in various medical courses. Housed in a sprawling campus at Bijapur (now Vijayapura) in Karnataka, It has been established under BLDE Association (Bijapur Liberal District Educational Association), a renowned educational society, running more than 75 institutions all over the state. In the year 1986, The Constituent College of the University, Shri B M Patil Medical College Hospital & Research Centre, Vijayapura was established by BLDE. Besides all these, the University also has state-of-the-art laboratories for teaching and research facilities.
This university offers various academic courses which include-
• Under Graduate course in MBBS
• Post Graduate (Degree and Diploma) Courses like MD, MS, Diploma in the following specializations Human Anatomy, Human Physiology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Microbiology, Pharmacology, Forensic Medicine, Community Medicine, General Medicine, Paediatrics, Dermatology, General Surgery, Orthopaedics, Anaesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Radiology.
• Super speciality courses like M.Ch (Urology) and innovative courses like Diploma In Medical Illustration, Fellowship In Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery, Fellowship In Micro-ear Surgery, Fellowship in paediatric Dermatology, Certificate Course in Histology Techniques, Certificate Course in Museum Techniques, Certificate Course in OT Techniques, Certificate Course in ECG Techniques, Certificate Course in Embalming Technique, Certificate Course in Mortuary Techniques.
• BLDEU also offers full time/part time PhD for the academic year 2015-16 in Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology, Pathology, Microbiology, Pharmacology, Community Medicine, ENT, General Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine, Paediatrics, Dermatology, Surgery and Radio-Diagnosis and Imaging.
The Research interest of this university mainly focusses on the wide spectrum of metabolomics. some of the eminent researchers namely Dr. Pallavi Kanthe, Dr. Lata M Mullur, Dr Jyoti Khodnapur, Dr. Saeed M Yendigeri, Dr. Shrilaxmi Bagali, Mr. Chandramouli Reddy are involved in the current research projects which deals with the following Topics:
• Effect of Ethanolic Extract of Emblica Officinalis (Amla) on intermediary metabolism of albino rats fed with hyperlipidemic diet.
• Calcium homeostasis in acquired cardiovascular diseases: Role of Vitamin D and NOS3 pathway- A cross sectional study • Relationship between oxygen tension, Oxidative stress and vascular ageing among general population of Vijayapur urban area.
• Effect of 1, 25- (OH) 2 D3 on pathophysiology of heart and lungs in male albino rats exposed to chromium VI
• Hypoxia and Cell Signaling: Cardiovascular Remodeling, Glucose Homeostasis and Role of Calcium (Ca2+) channel blockers (Cilnidipine). • Influence of L-ascorbic acid on chronic hypoxia induced alteration of cell signaling pathways on cardiovascular system in male Wister rats with or without exposure to heavy metal nickel.
The following is the list of scholars from BLDE University who contributed and/or serves as editors for one or more OMICS International journals and conferences
The following is the list of articles by scholars from BLDE University that are published in OMICS International journals.