Center for Advancing Learning and Teaching (ÖGEM) was founded with the establishment of Learning and Student Development Office (L&SDO) in 2009. L&SDO significantly contributed to the student development and improvement in education through support services designed for students and faculty. As an office under the Rectorate, L &SDO was reconstructed as a Center with the necessary applications made to the Higher Education Council of Turkey. In May 5th 2015, the foundation of Center was accepted by the Executive Committee. Therefore, ODTÜ ÖGEM has become the first and only learning and teaching center established in a state university in Turkey.
ODTÜ Center for Advancing Learning and Teaching (ODTÜ ÖGEM) aims to support the improvement of learning and teaching environment of the university.
Within this framework, ODTÜ ÖGEM aims to
• implement programs in order to support academic development of students,
• provide services for faculty members in order to improve and enhance teaching,
• arrange programs for new faculty members for professional adaptation,
• provide adaptation programs for new research assistants and give seminars or training workshops in order to improve the teaching skills of research assistants,
• conduct qualified research to improve the learning environment of the university; publish research results and support the planning and implementation of future improvement in learning and teaching by coordinating with other stakeholders of the university
• provide consultation services with regard to the goals of the center.