In the beginning of the 20th century, the need for small scale laboratory investigations to study the twin problems of irrigation and drainage was recognised by the Government. The Central Water and Power Research Station (CWPRS), Pune, as it is known today, was established in 1916 by the then Bombay Presidency as a "Special Irrigation Cell" with a limited mandate to modify irrigation practice to meet agricultural requirements. Recognising its role in the systematic study of various phases of water flow, including floods, the institution was taken over by the Government of India in 1936. Due to considerable increase in its activites with development of water resources projects, the Research Station was shifted to Khadakwalsa, about 16 km southwest of Pune, with a larger campus in 1925.CWPRS also collaborates with other organisations like WAPCOS and educational and research institutions to complement its activities. Thanks to the Government of Indias financial support, CWPRS has been able to keep pace with the rapid advancements in hydraulic research by way of updating its facilities and expertise. As the Regional Laboratory of ESCAP since 1971, CWPRS has offered its services to a number of projects in the neighbourhood countries as well as countries in Middle East and Africa.
The following is the list of scholars from Central Water and Power Research Station who contributed and/or serves as editors for one or more OMICS International journals and conferences
The following is the list of articles by scholars from Central Water and Power Research Station that are published in OMICS International journals.