Chizhou College was founded in 1977, the beginning of Anhui Chizhou Labour University specialist classes, 1980 officially named Chizhou Teachers College, 1999 on Original incorporated Chizhou Industrial School, 2002 on Original incorporated in Anhui trade school, 2007 Nian after Ministry of Education approved the upgrade to provincial full-time ordinary undergraduate institutions.
The school has 14 teaching management institutions. The school has "Wannan Folk Culture Research Center," provincial key research base of Humanities and Social Sciences 1 Ge, "Southern Folklore Culture and Tourism Development Research Center of" full-time research institutions 1 Ge, university research centers 20 Ge.
The school now covers an area of 1959 acres, the school area of 365,000 square meters. Teaching and research equipment worth 80,948,700 yuan, more than 80 million copies of paper books, e-books more than 75 volumes, nearly 20 kinds of Chinese and foreign paper journals. Built in Anhui Province, the only open circuit television. 633 full-time teachers, which is a high title 42, deputy title 138, doctorate or masters degree 570; provincial academic and technical leaders 3 people, provincial teaching teacher 8, 13 provincial- level rookie.